Salary: Negotiable and Highly Competitive
Benefits: Van and uniform provided, company pension scheme, 28 days holiday
Hours: Full Time + overtime available
Our client is a well established Building Services company located in Central Manchester. They cover building and construction work in the North West, Central England and Wales. All work is completed to an exceptionally high standard on both commercial and private properties. Due to consistent success our client is now looking for a Multi-skilled Maintenance Worker to join their hardworking team.
As a maintenance worker with our client, you would be responsible for the performance of a routine and an extensive range of work in the repair and general maintenance of facilities and buildings.
Locations will include houses, flats, rooms, communal areas, the external fabric of buildings and gardens. You will be ensuring they are safe, healthy and pleasant places to live or work in.
Your Duties Will Include:
- Performing repairs or general maintenance work on facilities, buildings, grounds and equipment at various sites. This could include electrical, carpentry, plumbing, and masonry, glazing and painting tasks.
- Repairing and treating structures such as showers, floors, sinks, walls, carpets and roofs.
- Performing minor repairs, troubleshooting and adjustment of locks, repairing door hinges.
- Moving and assisting in the transportation of furniture and equipment.
- Reporting where there is a need for higher / specialist skilled crafts
- You will be required to work alone at times.
Qualities and Skills Required:
- Hold previous experience in a building or maintenance role.
- Be proficient in the use of various power and hand tools.
- You need to be reliable, flexible and able to do the job.
- Be conscientious, trustworthy and hardworking.
- Be able to solve straightforward problems.
- Be able to work using own initiative.
- Have basic reading skills for following job, safety and other instructions.
- Physically fit as the role is very active.
- Have an awareness of the importance of health and safety and following the guidelines laid down.
- Hold a full UK Driving Licence.
If you feel you’re the ideal candidate then send in your CV today by clicking the APPLY button below.
Keywords: Maintenance Worker, Maintenance, Tradesman, Builder, Construction, Skilled Trades, Handyman, Tradesman Vacancies, Construction Vacancies, Multiskilled Labourer, Labourer, Decorator, Plumbing, Tradesman Vacancies, Electrical, Joinery, Joiner Vacancies.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org