Machine Tool Installations & Service Engineer
Colchester, Essex – Including International Travel
£30,000 – £35,000 DOE + Bonus + 25 Days Holiday + Pension + Overseas Allowance
Job Type – Permanent
Excellent role on offer for an experienced Machine Tool Installations & Service Engineer.
Our client is a well-established niche company who designs and builds bespoke state of the art automated grinding equipment for various industries, including the automotive sector. Due to their continued success and growth, they are looking to plan for the future and strengthen their capabilities within the site service & installation area of the business.
- Manage the installation & Commissioning of our equipment at the customer’s site.
- To complete pre-installation checks both internally & with the client.
- To attend customer’s site for Service visits & to carry out the required servicing of the machine.
- To be able to troubleshoot machine issues in order to resolve any problems.
- To produce relevant site / service reports as required to our company standard.
- To identify any changes to scope or requests by the customer, recording and communicating these to line management either verbally or in the site report.
- Work in accordance with company & customer Health & Safety procedures, bringing any issues to the attention of line management.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Time served engineer with an ONC or HNC in either mechanical or electrical engineering.
- Basic electrical fault finding on PLC and 3 phase systems
- Knowledge of cylindrical grinding would be beneficial, however the right applicant would receive full training on how to run a CNC grinding machine.
- Knowledge of N/C programming would be advantageous, however the right applicant would receive full training in how to write and test machine cycles.
- An understanding of PLC would be beneficial, but not essential.
- Highly effective written & verbal communications
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- Prepared to travel worldwide, sometimes at short notice
If you have the relevant skills and experience and are seeking a new career, then send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line referring to the position and where you found it. Alternatively, call 01772 886799.
Keywords: Machine, Machine Tool, Machine tool Installations, Service engineer, Machine tools installations & Service Engineer, Tool Installations, Installation, Engineer, Servicing, Machine Servicing
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com