Salary: Dependent on experience
Benefits: 4 weeks holiday + bank holidays,
Hours: Full time
Our client is one of the oldest established firms of solicitors in North London;they have been in practice since 1928 and have gone from strength to strength. They are currently looking for an experienced Paralegal to work alongside partners in the litigation department. Work load consists of General High Court and County Court litigation, Landlord and Tenant, Private Client, Immigration, Matrimonial, Employment and some PI.
Applicants must have practical experience in some of the aforementioned categories of work. Some training can be provided to the right applicant.
- Liaising with Fee Earners to achieve on time file progression
- Working closely with the Marketing Department on Enquiry Management and PR success story opportunities
- Engaging with clients to progress initial enquiries
- Administration compliance with Practice standards
- Dealing with instructions for new clients, from inception to completion
- General file work, including setting up new files
- Obtaining GP or expert reports, as required
- Working with and alongside the solicitors and marketing team to maintain and secure high retention rates
- Assisting with litigated files including obtaining disclosure, arranging appointments, sending trial bundles and setting up conference calls
- Processing invoices and billing
- Progressing files including drafting letters, collating evidence, research, to-do/diary lists, instructing medical experts and liaising with medical agencies.
- Preparing scheduling and witness and care statements, along with basic instructions to counsel.
- Undertaking responsibility for management of critical deadlines, an awareness of regulatory and compliance issues.
The Ideal Candidate:
We are keen to hear from Paralegals with at least 12 month’s experience in litigation, coupled with strong academics
- Experience in a Litigation role
- An awareness of regulatory and compliance issues
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal
- Good numeracy skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills-able to manage conflicting priorities and allocate resources effectively
- Works effectively to achieve task completion to timescales
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong administrative skills
- Ability to work under pressure and using own initiative to achieve strict deadlines
If you have the relevant skills and experience and are seeking a new career, then send your CV to email@example.com, with the subject line referring to the position and where you found it. Alternatively, call 01772 886799.
Keywords: Litigation Solicitor / Solicitor / Law / Law vacancies / Lawyer / lawyer vacancies / Solicitor / Litigation / Litigation Vacancies / Solicitor Vacancies/ Paralegal/ Insolvency/ Probate/ Civil Litigation
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org