Job Title: LGV1 Tanker Driver
Location: Barry, South Wales.
Hours: Work will involve nights out away from home in the truck, usually 2-3 per shift rotation / week.
Salary: Basic salary of £30k plus tax free allowances and overtime. OTE of £33-44k.
Since its inception in 1987, our client has strived for continual innovation and improvement, in order to offer maximum operational efficiency and flexibility to add value to customer supply chains. With a reputation for excellent equipment, unbeatable safety performance and a company ethos of ‘Customer Focus’, our client delivers what the customer wants with the minimum of fuss.
Due to their continued success and growth over the years, our client is currently looking for an experienced LGV1 Tanker Driver to join their team at Barry, South Wales.
Duties Will Include:
- Checking delivery schedules and noting any special instructions.
- Supervising or helping to load the tanker.
- Carrying out safety checks before you set off.
- Travelling to the delivery site.
- Clearing an area to unload the tanker.
- Updating paperwork and making sure relevant staff sign for deliveries.
- Keeping accurate records of driving hours and activities using a tachograph system.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum 2 years of LGV experience is expected, unless the candidate can demonstrate alternative, relevant experience.
- An ADR licence (not classes 1 or 7) is required.
- Full job based training will be given to successful candidates.
- Additional payments of meal money (circa £440 tax free p.a.)
- Plus tax free night-out payments (& ½ hour taxable per occasion).
- Company pension scheme (Employer 3%, Employee 4%).
- Bonuses paid for incident free and absence free performance and for sympathetic vehicle management & fuel efficient driving style, as supported by vehicle telemetry.
If you feel you’re the ideal candidate that our client is looking for, then send in your CV today by clicking the APPLY button below.
Keywords: HGV, HGV1, LGV, LGV1, Driver, Tanker Driver, liquid, Bulk liquid, ADR, ADR classes, hazardous good, Transport, Road transport, chemical, bulk chemical, 2 years driving experience, nationwide, national distribution, nights out, sleeper cabs, training, Barry, Middlesbrough.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com