LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
JOB DESCRIPTION AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
Title: Learning & Development Manager
Full time and Permanent Position
We are working with Advocates for International Development (A4ID) is the charity that empowers lawyers to use their skills to fight world poverty. Through its pro bono broker, legal education and thought leadership work, A4ID is helping the legal sector to meet its global corporate social responsibility to bring about sustainable development.
A key focus of this role is to generate income through the delivery of successful paid-for training programmes and events. In recent years, these events have taken place both around the UK and internationally, and the post holder will be expected to ensure this continues and is built upon.
The post holder will be required to lead on the expansion of new areas of learning work, through the development of learning project ideas with sustainable business models, and to seek funding and support to deliver these projects from a range of trusts, foundations and institutions, all of which will play an active part of the role.
- Seeking new opportunities to raise awareness of A4ID and increase the visibility of its work through external events and networking opportunities
- Devising and overseeing budgets for programmes and development projects.
- Managing the Learning Intern, supervising work and ensuring support in all tasks.
- To undertake other work as directed by the CEO.
LAW AND DEVELOPMENT TRAINING PROGRAMME
- Planning and managing all logistics for A4ID’s Law and Development Training Programmes.
- Marketing learning opportunities to partner networks and beyond to meet income generation targets.
- Monitoring and evaluating each training session to ensure the highest quality for participants.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships across both law and development sectors to ensure that A4ID’s education programmes meet the needs of its intended audience.
- Designing, scoping, and marketing new programmes and products around the UK and beyond.
BUSINESS AND HUMAN RIGHTS (BHR)
- Managing the BHR training programmes for lawyers and law firms throughout the UK.
- Marketing the BHR programmes to legal partners networks and beyond.
- Delivering the BHR Programme for UK based law firms as opportunities arise.
- Scoping out additional opportunities for delivering BHR projects internationally.
- Growing the A4ID reputation for BHR work across the globe.
- Scoping and delivering law and development projects internationally.
- Overseeing, monitoring and evaluating international projects, including external reports for donors.
- Developing other opportunities for international project work across Africa and India.
- Securing future funding for the Project Lead – Kenya and Project Lead – India.
- Project managing the delivery of funded international projects as appropriate.
- Developing new professional training programmes and develop a learning strategy which extends beyond current time-limited programmes
E-LEARNING AND ONLINE MATERIALS
- Organising the production of publications and online materials in partnership with legal partners, including reviewing content, editing for tone, and consulting with development partners.
- Reviewing and uploading submissions to A4ID’s Online Resource Portal.
- Developing additional e-learning modules and materials where the need arises.
KNOWLEDGE GROUPS AND EVENTS
- Scoping and designing a range of Knowedge Groups on key tops in the nexus of law and development.
- Planning, managing and delivering Knowledge Groups in collaboration with legal partners.
- Marketing and raising profile of A4ID Knowledge Groups and events.
- Contributing to A4ID’s business development by actively contributing to the organisation’s fundraising and organisational strategy.
- Assisting with the review, assessment, and evaluation of trusts, foundations or institutional funding.
- Drafting and scoping applications to relevant identified trusts, foundation or institutions for any projects or products that require external funding to develop, undertake, roll out, or scale up.
- Reporting to donors and funders on progress with A4ID funded work.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong and proven experience of project management
- Strong and proven experience of training programme and/or events management
- Experience of planning education strategy and impact assessment of education projects
- Experience of generating significant income from training and leanring programmes.
- Strong experience of fundraising research, drafting and applying to trusts, foundations and institutions.
- Successful track record of securing significant funds for legal and/or development projects.
- Knowledge and/or experience of international development work
- Ability to build and develop strong relationships at all levels, with a variety of actors
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including strong presentation skills
- Experience of managing budgets and financial reporting
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to prioritise and manage workloads effectively
- Comfortable working independently and as part of a small team
- Strong administration and coordination experience
- IT proficiency including knowledge of MS Office and an ability to learn new software and hardware
- Commitment to international development and the efforts towards the Sustainable Development Goals
- Experience of monitoring and evaluating projects and reporting to donors.
- Experience of producing copy for websites and print publications
- Knowledge and experience of the law
- Experience working within or with the legal profession
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org