Location: Cawood , North Yorkshire
Our client is an independent laboratory based in Cawood in North Yorkshire. They currently have a number of vacancies for Laboratory Technicians within the facility. These positions exist in the Sample Preparation areas as well as in the Chemistry and Microbiology Departments.
Depending on Department the Technicians are principally responsible carrying out accurate Sample Preparation, chemical analysis, physical tests and Microbiological Procedures on samples received in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures and the company Health and Safety and Quality Policies as directed by the Section Manager.
This will include
- Performing a range of preparation and analytical testing as required by the Team Leader and in accordance with the relevant SOP.
- Timely completion of work schedules.
- Accurate record keeping in accordance with company QA policy
- Reporting any failures of control checks to the Team Leader.
- Investigating any subsequent investigation into control check failures
- Ensuring that work areas and equipment being used are continuously maintained in a clean and safe condition in accordance with Good Laboratory Practice/Housekeeping.
- Reporting valid results on a timely basis within the guidelines of the Quality System.
- Communicating any operational problems and issues that may affect quality or service delivery to the Team Leader.
- Developing and maintaining a working knowledge of all methods, instrumentation and documentation relevant to the team.
- Using personal discretion in managing the work load within a given time period
- Working in a manner which complies with the Health & Safety Policy of the company
- To deliver services effectively a degree of flexibility is needed and the post holder may be required to perform work not specifically referred to above
If you feel you have the required skills to excel in this role, please click the APPLY button below and a member of the hiring team will be in touch.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com