Our client currently has a fantastic opportunity and is currently looking for a Laboratory Supervisor. This is a great opportunity to join a forward thinking organisation.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- General bench duties and assisting with organisation of staff.
- Assisting with training, supervision and mentoring of a team of laboratory analysts in the documented laboratory methodology.
- Handling of reference cultures and preparation of working cultures for Quality Control purposes.
- Assisting with preparation and Quality Control processes of microbiological growth medium.
- Deputising for in the absence of Microbiology Laboratory Manager.
- Plate reading, result interpretation and entry on lab worksheets, as well as providing training in this area for staff.
- Carrying out and training of staff for confirmation tests on suspect pathogen isolates
- Recording and reporting of results
- Assisting with ordering and stock control of all laboratory media and supplies.
- Assisting with the calibration of laboratory thermometers and thermocouples and ensuring that calibration is carried out within required timescales.
- Liaison with sub-contractors, visitors to site for maintenance/calibration of equipment etc.
- Recording of any non-conforming issues in Anomalies Book and reporting to Laboratory Manager
- Ensure completion of all relevant checks in accordance with daily duties, e.g. media records, pipettor weight checks etc.
- Ensuring the requirements of laboratory accreditation are met at all times and assisting in maintenance of the Quality System
- Participation in Laboratory Continuous Improvement Team meetings and regular quality meetings in order to highlight any areas of concern within the laboratory.
- Assisting with laboratory audits conducted by external agencies e.g. UKAS, customers or retailers.
- Participation in laboratory external proficiency and internal quality control schemes
- Assisting with implementation of continual improvement of laboratory operation.
- Any other duties as required in the role.
REPORTING TO: LABORATORY MANAGER
HOURS OF WORK: 37.5 HOURS PER WEEK WEDNESDAY-FRIDAY 2-10PM SAT/SUN 9 AM TO 5 PM.
Salary: Competitive Dependant on Experience
So if you feel that you’re the one for the job and would like to apply, then simply send in your CV today, by clicking the APPLY button below.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org