Location: Melmerby Ripon
Hours: 07.00-16.00 and 12.00-21.00 + Saturday am (alternate weeks) Daf Aid 24/7 road side assistance on a rota system,(at present every 6 weeks but dependant on number of techs)
Salary and Benefits: Comprehensive salary dependant on experience, pension plan, 20 days holiday,increasing by 1 day per year,up to max of 5yrs + bank holidays.Full PPE is supplied.
Established in 2002, our client is a successful IRTEC accredited, family run DAF Trucks franchised parts and service dealer, offering a full repair /service/parts offering to all HGV, trailer and van operators.
Due to continued success, our client is seeking to appoint an Experienced HGV Technician to join their team at Melmerby Ripon.
- Carry out simple work on the vehicle’s electrical system and use information from the wiring diagrams and manuals for electrical components.
- Perform allocated work within the timeframe given .
- Diagnose, check systems….Training will be given in the use of Davie ,jaltest,Haldex diagnostics.
- Set up accessories and specific equipment on the vehicles.
- As required, attend to disabled vehicles at the roadside or on customer’s premises, following appropriate routines and procedures including roadside safety laws and regulations.
- Provide technical advice to customers and colleagues.
- Carry out routine inspections, maintenance and repairs on all makes of vehicles and trailers/vans to dvsa standards.
- Ensure all vehicles worked upon are handled carefully and that all precautions are taken whilst on the premises.
- Liaise with parts department to attain parts.
- Ensure Health & Safety regulations and safe working practices are adhered to.
- Ensure appropriate clocking is made, all job cards and service sheets are completed in a timely manner.
- Maintain thorough and current product knowledge and attend training courses locally and at Daf Trucks training centre (Thame Oxford) .
KEY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE:
- Technical qualification (City & Guilds or NVQ qualified technician) or proven experience repairing & maintaining vehicles.
- Ability to work within guidelines given and to strict deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to actively seek solutions to problems.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer care skills.
- Flexibility to undertake a wide range of tasks.
- Awareness and understanding of health and safety requirements.
- LGV/HGV licence an advantage but not essential.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and are seeking a new career, then send your CV to email@example.com, with the subject line referring to the position and where you found it. Alternatively, call 01772 886799.
Keywords: HGV Technician, HGV Engineer, HGV Repair Technician, HGV Maintenance Technician, HGV Repair Engineer, HGV Maintenance Engineer, Automotive Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Vehicle Technician, Vehicle Engineer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org