Our client has over 20 years’ experience and is one of the leading independent waste management companies and to this day continues to provide a professional service to their customer base.
Due to their continued success, our client is currently looking to hire an HGV Mechanic to manage/service/fit a fleet of 16 vehicles and service of plant and machinery.
Hours: 40hrs + Overtime
Salary: Excellent salary, dependant on experience
Responsibilities Will Include:
- Carry out simple work on the vehicle’s electrical system and use information from the wiring diagrams and manuals for electrical components.
- Perform allocated work within the timeframe given to the customers.
- Diagnose, check and set the mechanical systems.
- Set up accessories and specific equipment on the vehicles.
- As required, attend to disabled vehicles at the roadside or on customer’s premises, following appropriate routines and procedures including roadside safety laws and regulations.
- Provide technical advice to colleagues.
- Carry out routine inspections, maintenance and repairs on all makes of vehicles and trailers to VOSA standard.
- Ensure all vehicles worked upon are handled carefully and that all precautions are taken whilst on the premises.
- Liaise with parts department to attain parts.
- Ensure Health & Safety regulations and safe working practices are adhered to.
- Ensure appropriate clocking is made, all job cards and service sheets are completed in a timely manner.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Technical qualification (City & Guilds or NVQ qualified technician) or proven experience repairing & maintaining vehicles.
- Ability to work within guidelines given and to strict deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to actively seek solutions to problems.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility to undertake a wide range of tasks.
- LGV/HGV/PCV licence an advantage.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and are seeking a new career, then send your CV to email@example.com, with the subject line referring to the position and where you found it. Alternatively, call 01772 886799.
Keywords: Engineer, Engineering, HGV, HGV Engineering, Mechanic, HGV Mechanic, Technician, HGV Technician, Automotive and Engineering, Auto Mechanic, Maintenance Engineer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org