Location: London, N16
Hours: Full time permanent, 38 up to 40 hours per week.
Salary: £7.83-£9.50, depending on experience.
Our client is a charitable organisation whose main aims include providing good quality housing for families in need, homes for frail and elderly, hostels for mental health, and developing specialist support units for special needs clients whenever the need arises.
Due to growth, our client currently requires a Healthcare Assistant to join the care team and support the physical, emotional and social needs of residents. The healthcare assistant must maximise resident’s independence, dignity and choice and must give adequate support, and if necessary, total care to residents. High standards of personal care and socially acceptable behaviour must constantly be maintained.
Duties Will Include:
A more detailed job description will be given to the candidate when they receive the position
- To acquaint yourself in the handover meetings and from the establishment’s records with the likely needs of the residents and to respond accordingly.
- To encourage residents to maintain their independence by allowing them to undertake such normal, personal daily living activities for which they are individually capable.
- To act as a key worker for a number of residents, ensuring their individual needs are being met.
- To assist in basic home nursing procedures as required.
- To be involved in the social activities with residents e.g. outings, exercising and other simulative activities.
- To develop and maintain close links with relatives, friends etc.
- To be aware of the contents of any social work/hospital reports and observe the confidentiality of such reports.
- To exercise responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act as laid down or as amended from time to time.
- To attend staff meeting and any relevant meetings of the home as may be required.
- To receive individual supervision from your line manager.
- To assist, as delegated, in the training and support of volunteers.
- To undertake any other duties reasonably falling within the scope of the post as may be required.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Show good Communication skills.
- Show initiative and the ability to perform under pressure.
- Be passionate about care and be willing to develop further skills.
- Be friendly and supportive towards vulnerable adults.
- Be reliable and flexible.
- Show the ability to build relationships with those you will support and those around them.
- Show patients, compassion and understanding when working with others.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and are seeking a new career, then send your CV to email@example.com, with the subject line referring to the position and where you found it. Alternatively, call 01772 886799.
Keywords: Healthcare Assistant, Health Care Assistant, Healthcare, Care Assistant, Health and Medical, Medical, Care Vacancies, Healthcare Vacancies
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org