An excellent opportunity has arisen for a skilled and passionate gardener to join our client’s busy family business specialised in garden design and maintenance from over 40 years. The company is based in Potters Bar, providing high-end domestic garden maintenance and soft landscaping services with clients ranging from regular domestic to high end luxury.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £20,000.00 to £21,000.00 /year
The company employs staff who works to the highest standard ensuring the client’s needs and wishes have been fulfilled. Candidates will be working as part of a 2/3 person team on various sites throughout London/Herts carrying out maintenance and one off tree and garden works.
Candidates will be required to work 5 days a week, with Saturday and weekday overtime available. Hours 6:30am-4pm increasing to 4.30pm during March – November inclusive.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will be a conscientious, reliable gardener with some plant knowledge and willing to learn.
Ideally you will have at least 2 years’ experience and a formal qualification will be advantageous. You must have experience of using various powered machinery and knowledge of safe working practices. You should be able to work well as part of a team, as well as unsupervised. The successful candidate will have good communication skills and a flexible approach to their work.
- Be honest, reliable and polite.
- Show common sense and initiative when performing your duties.
- Safe use of petrol machinery.
- Application of general sundries including pesticides.
- Standing in as foreman for holidays.
- Carrying out one off works such as turfing/planting/fencing etc and on occasion leading the team.
- Assisting generally in running of the yard.
- Driving vans from job to job.
Qualifications and Skills
- Full driving licence a necessary.
- Trailer licence preferred but can offer training.
- Minimum 3 years garden maintenance experience.
- PA1 & PA6a Spraying certificate.
- Reasonable appearance as dealing with clients direct.
- Own vehicle to & from work.
- maintenance: 2 years (Required)
License or certification:
- Driving License (Required)
If you feel you’re the ideal candidate that our client is looking for, then send in your CV today by clicking the APPLY button below.
Keywords: Gardener, Gardening, Landscape, Landscape Gardener, Horticultural Vacancies, Landscape Vacancies, Gardening Vacancies
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org