Job Title: Gardener
Location: Lingfield, RH7
Hours: 24 hours per week / Part Time (3 days a week)
Salary: £11,262.86 per annum
Our client is a Residential and Nursing Home for retired Anglican Clergy, with 9 acres of beautiful grounds including a small woodland, vegetable garden and pond.
Due to all their continued success across the years, our client is currently looking for a skilled, experienced and passionate gardener with a good knowledge of vegetable growing. The ability to safely operate garden machinery is essential, and a weed spray ticket would be an advantage.
Duties Will Include:
- General weeding and weed killing, clearing and tidying of the College grounds.
- Keeping the grass tidy by mowing, strimming and edging with particular attention to the croquet and putting lawns.
- Looking after the standard and bush roses around the front courtyard.
- Growing a supply of vegetables for the kitchen as agreed.
- Harvesting the apple, pear and plum trees from our small orchard.
- Growing flowers for use within the College.
- Annual pruning and cutting back of all hedges, shrubs, roses and fruit trees.
- Maintain all gardening equipment and machinery and ensure they are secured after use.
The successful candidate will be:
- Experienced gardener with some knowledge of horticulture.
- Able to maintain high standards.
- Well organised with good time management skills.
- Able to work well as a team and on their own.
- Able to demonstrate passion for gardening and working outdoors.
Our client offers a competitive salary, supporting work environment, good work-life balance, enhanced holiday and sick pay, free meals (T&S applies), and ongoing learning and development opportunities.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and are seeking a new career, then send your CV to email@example.com, with the subject line referring to the position and where you found it. Alternatively, call 01772 886799.
Keywords: Gardener, Garden Maintenance, Gardening, Gardening Maintenance Operative, Garden Maintenance Operative.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org