Front Line Manager (FLM)
Salary: £35k dependent on experience
Benefits: Free Parking, Subsidised canteen, Pension Scheme, Discount scheme on purchases from high street retailers
Hours: Full Time, Shift work
Our Client is a £160 million business which supplies cake and desserts in own brand to the Major Multiples. There are two sites in the North West at Bolton and Oldham. The Bolton site manufactures more commodity based products making for example slab cakes, and unit cake for a variety of retailers including many major supermarkets and also features some brand products.
The success of our client has further been recognised both by its peers and within its sector by being awarded a variety of awards including the Bakery Food Manufacturer of the year.
This is an exciting time of growth for our client and in order to support production teams, our client is introducing a new role of FLM to the operations structure.
- Responsible for leading a team of colleagues focusing on one product line and on one shift.
- Promote a safety culture and ensure all health and safety requirements are met
- Maximise team performance
- Host customer visits.
- Create and maintain a continuous improvement culture – proactively seek new and improved methods of working to increase efficiency in the overall production process.
- Ownership of product quality, taking full responsibility for the quality of product through management and compliance with quality systems QMS and QAS
- Maintain and improve GMP standards
- Propose and present capital projects
- Employee development and people management including attendance improvement, performance improvement, discipline/grievance/appeals.
- Determine skills and compliance training needs to fulfil current and future business needs.
- Lead, coach and motivate a multi-skilled team to achieve individual and team development.
- Continuously inform and involve the team and ensure alignment with current and future business plans and objectives.
- Support the NPD and EPD agenda
The Ideal Candidate:
- At least 3 years’ experience in a manager position
- Food manufacturing experience preferred
- FMCG experience essential
- Proven leadership to achieve and exceed targets
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand data and convert into actions
- Resilient and evidence of building rapport and relationships
- Recent knowledge of environmental, Health & Safety, employment, quality and hygiene legislation
- Proven track record of continuous improvements and problem solving skills
- Commercial and financial acumen
- Recent experience of good employee relations
- An effective communicator
- Working knowledge of BRC and retailer audit standards and procedures
- Ability to motivate and inspire the team to provide a solid platform to achieve operational standards
- Positive can do attitude.
If you believe you are the ideal candidate APPLY today!
Keywords: Production Manager, Team Leader, Food production, Production Team Leader. Manufacture, Production, Front Line, Management Vacancies, Production Vacancies, Team Leader Vacancies
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org