Food Specifications Technologist
Location:Barnsley, South Yorkshire
Hours:Flexible 39 hours per week
Salary:£25,000 + hols, pension, life assurance, etc.
Established in 1952, our client has gone from being a small family business to a being a significant supplier of bakery goods witha £13m turnover in the UK and export. Their business is professional in that the products and information have to be right but the culture is generally friendly and informal.
Right now, our client is offering an exciting opportunity for a Food Specification Technologist to come and join the technical team (of 6 people).
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collating information and generating finished product specifications and product labelsto meet legal and customer requirements.
- Creating specifications for customers.
- Maintaining the Company’s information on customer specification systems eg, Qadex, Smart Supplier, Erudus etc.
- Compiling, checking and approving recipes and working instructions for the site.
- Creating labels and ensuring compliance, correct details and reflective of the specification.
- Good working relationships with internal/external customers, completing customer questionnaires.
- Assisting with audits, investigations into complaints and general enquiriesrelating to products, allergens, ingredients and nutritional information.
- Providing technical information for ingredient specifications including allergen, country of origin, shelf life and nutritional information – highlighting any health and safety issues
- Managing raw material information from suppliers; liaising with them to gather required/missing information.
- Provide back up support to NPD team.
- Updating the leadership team on customer requirements.
- Maintaining appropriate computerised and manual records.
- Assist with Supplier audits.
- Food safety input into R&D.
- The Company uses Microsoft 365 inc SharePoint, Hamilton Grant, SAP B1 with networked case coders and weight scales.
Personal Attributes Required:
- Achieve excellence in all areas of finished product specifications.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Be able to reinforce a team approach throughout the business.
- IT proficient and able to interpret information.
- Resourceful, flexible, well organised and able to work to tight deadlines.
- Min 6 months in a similar role in a food environment.
- Experience of working in bread manufacturing would be great.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and are seeking a new career, then send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line referring to the position and where you found it. Alternatively, call 01772 886799.
Keywords: Food Specifications Technologist, Quality Assurance, Production and Manufacturing, Food and Beverage Production
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com