Fees Clerk for Barristers Chambers
Starting salary in the region of £17,000
Our client is a long-established barristers chambers with 54 members 9 staff. Chambers has the traditional practice groups of Civil, Family and Crime, each group being clerked by a designated clerk with the assistance of supporting staff.
We are seeking to appoint a Fees Clerk. This would be part of a team of 3 staff involved with fee billing, fee collection and marking off incoming payments. Full training will be provided. This is an excellent opportunity to work in one of London’s most attractive and historic areas (The Temple) and as part of a small and friendly staff team. There is potential for significant future salary growth for the right candidate.
The role would involve the following duties;
To carry out general fees clerking on behalf of Members to include but not limited to the following:
• Billing and collection procedures for CPS (Crown Prosecution Service) and Defence graduated crown court fees
• Billing and collection procedures for all legally aided Crown Court graduated fee claims
• Billing all family legally aided FAS fee claims
• Billing and collection procedures for VHCC (Very High Cost Cases) family cases.
• Running cases report to identify criminal cases without an indictment number
• Chase collection of private client fees
• Work with colleagues to develop and implement strategies to reduce value of old debt as a proportion of total outstanding fees
• Report to Senior Clerk, Practice Clerks and Members on recovery of fees
• Where problems arise, liaise with the Senior Clerk, Practice Clerks and Members to address these in order to be able to recover fees.
• Liaise with the Fees & Accounts Manager in respect of the division of Crown Court fees where more than one barrister is involved.
• Preparation of monthly list of defaulting solicitors report for the Senior Clerk
To provide general administrative support by but not limited to:
• Provide assistance to cover answering phones when needed by the clerks’ room.
Chambers uses Meridian (MLC software). Full training on this software will be given.
Candidates will need a minimum of 5 GCSE’s at grades of A to C and including Maths and English. Higher level education will be an advantage and candidates should have a working knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
Please apply by sending a CV and covering letter by clicking the APPLY button below.
Closing date for applications is 27th October 2017.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com