Experienced Embedded Software Engineer
Are you an experienced Software Engineer with previous skills as an Embedded Software Engineer? Looking to take a step into an amazing career opportunity? Are you an enthusiastic self-starting individual? If the answer to these questions is yes, then our client is looking for you to join their small but fast growing team, Technology Company pre-eminent in the field of fibre-optic sensing, specialising in Fibre Bragg Grating systems. The Company already has a strong international customer base spanning these markets and now wishes to further expand its activities in key fields.
Due to this expansion, our client is currently looking for an experienced embedded software engineer who will support the company growth by strengthening the Software team, especially towards the delivery of new products.
- Developing embedded software in the C programming language for the ARM based SBCs / SOMs in our range of fibre optic FBG interrogators, with an initial focus on embedded webserver development.
- Detailed design, writing, testing, debugging, documentation and ongoing support of embedded software.
- Guide the direction, design, architecture and technology used for a new generation of interface software for our products.
- Detailed design, writing, testing, debugging and documentation of PC application software for customised application software for bespoke customer projects and software for driving in-house test equipment.
- 3 or more years writing embedded C and embedded Linux.
- Experience of embedded Linux device drivers and webserver development.
- Experience of working within a recognised structured design process.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in an Engineering or Science discipline.
- Highly numerate, computer literate.
- Good interpersonal skills, effective team player.
- Fluent English speaker and already resident in the UK.
Knowledgeable of / experience with:
- Open embedded / Yocto embedded build system.
- PCI express.
- IP network stack.
- Industrial Field buses, e.g. CANbus, Modbus, Profibus.
- FPGA / VHDL development.
- Electronic design.
- Software design for Aerospace certification.
- Optics or photonics.
- Flexible to travel to customer locations, occasionally international.
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years’ experience developing embedded C for a Linux operating system using a structured design process; be comfortable working both independently or as part of a small team and be looking to progress to a Senior Engineer level over the next few years.
Salary: – 35-45k, salary dependant on experience
So if you feel that you’re the ideal candidate our client is looking for, then what are you waiting for? If you want to be a part of this exciting opportunity, then send in a copy of your CV today by clicking the APPLY button below!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org