Hours: Full Time
Established in March of 2000, our client’s intention from the outset was to provide consultancy and remediation services in the contaminated land sector. To this day, the company’s primary objective is to provide remediation design and sustainable remediation solutions to a wide number of customers from property development, insurance, construction to chemical and petrochemical industry.
Due to continued success and growth over the years, our client is currently has an opportunity for an Environmental Technician to join their Midlands team based in Stafford. This is a highly varied role that will involve a mix of site-based and office work to support the Project team. Although based from the office in Stafford, the appointed person must also be prepared to travel and assist with projects run by teams in the South East and South West.
Working within a small team, candidates will be required to:
- Assist in the response to pollution incidents, remediation of oil spills, investigation and remediation of potentially contaminated land.
- Site attendance will include environmental sampling, monitoring and maintenance of remediation systems and liaising with contractors.
- When not on site, key duties will include updating project records, equipment maintenance, assistance with project preparation and report writing.
The Successful Candidate:
- Experience and knowledge of any of the following would be a distinct advantage; oil spill response, groundworks, environmental sampling, equipment maintenance, building maintenance.
- A personable and practical individual with a flexible attitude to work, good communication and problem solving skills.
- An ability to use common computer software (Word, Excel) is essential, as is the ability to work outdoors as an effective member of a team and on your own initiative.
- A full UK/EC driving licence is essential.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and are seeking a new career, then send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line referring to the position and where you found it. Alternatively, call 01772 886799.
Keywords: Environmental Technician, Groundworker, Groundworker, Ground Worker, Environmental Sampling, Equipment Maintenance, Building Maintenance, Health and Safety, Engineering, Construction, Maintenance
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com