Engineer’s Technical Support Assistant – Weston-super-Mare.
Our client is one of the leading firms of independent assessors in the UK. Due to their continued success our client is looking to recruit an Engineer’s Technical Support Assistant to join the team at their busy office in Weston-super-Mare.
Ideally you will already have some motor claims experience and basic vehicle knowledge. You must be able to demonstrate a methodical approach to your work with a good eye for detail and accuracy.
The role involves supporting our team of field engineers/assessors throughout the country as they carry out assessments of damaged vehicles and supporting the general administration of work at our head office.
You will need to have excellent communication skills, a good level of IT literacy and an awareness of the motor insurance claims process. The successful applicant will receive secure employment and competitive salary.
What you will be doing?
- Updating vehicle damage assessments on the Audatex system.
- Checking and approving vehicle repair accounts.
- Instructing salvage agents to collect total loss vehicles.
- Monitoring the progress of inspections being undertaken by our team of engineers / assessors;
- Agreeing total loss vehicle valuations with vehicle owners;
- You will need to help us work consistently within the SLA’s we have with our work providers;
- Speaking with clients and customers and on the telephone to arrange inspections and provide updates on cases in progress;
- Keeping our internal systems regularly updated with updates on vehicle assessments we handle;
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing emails;
- Quality checking engineer’s final reports before submitting them to our clients;
- Providing support to other members of our office team as needed;
- Carrying out vehicle valuation research on total loss claims.
What will you need?
- To always work with a high level of professionalism and ethical behaviour;
- Have good communication and organisational skills;
- Experience of the basic motor claims process and a basic understanding of motor vehicles. would be an advantage.
- To be able to consistently work with a high degree of accuracy.
- To be computer literate and be efficient in your work.
What’s offered in return?
- The salary on offer for this position is £17,000 to £19,000 per year depending on experience.
- A standard holiday entitlement of 20 working days is offered, plus all bank holidays.
If you feel you’re the ideal candidate for the position, then send in your CV today by clicking the APPLY button below.
Keywords: Technical Support, Support Assistant, Engineer Assistant, Administration, Admin Assistant.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org