Engineering and Safety Manager
Location: Chorley, Lancashire
Hours: Full Time
Salary: Dependent on experience
Established in 1962, our client is one of the leading experts in wax and wax blending across the UK. Offering unparalleled service, the best prices, quality and stock levels, our client’s flexibility and responsiveness to customer enquiries has enabled the company to grow and flourish into the UK’s leading wax blender and supplier.
Due to recent expansion and success, our client is currently looking for an Engineering and Safety Manager to co-ordinate a team of chemical, mechanical and electrical engineers to successfully build new processes and maintain existing manufacturing infrastructure.
- Develop and implement the annual plans to ensure minimum disruption to plant by planned or breakdown downtime, including.
- Process engineering development plan
- Preventative maintenance plan
- Structural and building maintenance plan
- Manage and co-ordinate the daily activities of the site engineering team of five skilled engineers.
- Manage and co-ordinate the activities of outside contractors ensuring compliance with Company and legal system and safety standards.
- Take primary responsibility for the implementation and control of Health, Safety and Environmental systems and standards to satisfy legislative and company requirements.
- Procuring (with the Supply Chain Team, where suitable) appropriate equipment, personnel resource, outside contractor supply and engineering materials to maintain the optimum plant performance in line with agreed budgets.
- Responsibility for the design, procurement, installation and commissioning of new plant and equipment.
- Responsibility for establishing and managing contracts with external companies to ensure the effectiveness, and safe operation of all plant and equipment.
- Key role in the development of systems to ensure that equipment, processes, procedures and record-keeping continuously improve to achieve and maintain cGMP status and additional quality and manufacturing standards.
- The role currently reports into the Managing Director and has regular and detailed communications with the other members of the Kerax Board.
Experience and Qualifications
- The successful candidate will haveat least HNC or ONC qualification in Engineering with significant experience in the management of engineering teams, health and safety systems and project management.
- A competitive salary will reflect the qualifications and experience the candidate will bring to the role.
If you’re the ideal candidate that our client is looking for, then send in your CV today by clicking the APPLY button below.
Keywords: Engineering and Safety Manager, Engineering Manager, Safety Manager, Health and Safety Manager, Engineering, HR
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com