Are you an Experienced Cutting Supervisor? If so, then our client is looking for you! For over thirty years on, our client has remained true to their founding principles, combining the finest materials and traditional craftsmanship to create linens of exceptional quality and lasting beauty.
Due to their expanding customer base, our client is looking for someone like you to come and join their team as their next Experienced Cutting Supervisor at their location in Sussex.
This is a hands-on role which includes supervising the day to day running of the cutting department. Accurately and efficiently cut fabrics for machining as bed linen, table linen and bathroom linens.
- Supervising the flow of work between the cutters to achieve required output efficiency.
- Cutting fabrics in accordance with the cutting schedule for each order.
- Placing the correct cutting cards with each cut item.
- Learning and understanding the different fabrics that are used within the business and the shrinkage rates for each to calculate the optimum cutting size per item.
- Based on cutting requirements, calculating optimum way in which to cut fabric to ensure the least fabric wastage.
- Checking fabrics for imperfections during the layering process prior to cutting.
- Operating a fabric stock control system for each item that is cut so raw materials stock is fully up to date.
- Machinery – Assyst Bulmer cutting machine, cutting knives used are Chickadee and Octra.
Experience /Skills required:
- Experience managing a cutting team.
- Experience using automated cutting machines – Assyst Bulmer.
- Working to benchmarks having the right speed and skills to cut efficiently and accurately.
- Attention to detail. Precision & accurate record keeping.
- Attention to quality of service. Ability to calculate fabric sizing requirements, layering up, numeracy, prioritising orders.
- Basic numeracy to calculate sizing requirements.
- Ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Salary dependent on experience (£up to 27k depending on experience)
- Full time employees enjoy medical benefits, year end and Christmas bonus’s equivalent to 2 weeks salary
- Overtime allowance of 1.5 times hourly rate
- Generous company pension scheme
- 37.5hrs per week (working hours 7am-15.00pm or 8-16.00pm)
So if you feel like that you’re the one for the job and you’re prepared to join our client as their next Experienced Cutting Supervisor then what are you waiting for? Send in your CV with covering letter listing your experience today by clicking the APPLY button below!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com