Salary: £24,000 to £30,000 + Bonus
Benefits: Training + Private Health Cash Plan + 3% Pension
Hours: Full time
Our client supplies underwater inspection equipment and services using Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs), or underwater ‘drones’. These are tethered submarines which they equip with cameras, sonars and tools to complete a variety of underwater tasks.
They are a hardworking and specialised team based in Yeovil (Somerset). We are looking for a talented electronics technician / engineer to join our engineering support team.
This is a hands-on, workshop-based role which also includes some UK and overseas travel to support our customers. Extensive product training will be provided. You will also be trained to operate ROVs so that you can support customer demonstrations and provide customer training. A good understanding of electronics and computers is essential.
The Support Engineer will be responsible for supporting the Company’s service and operational activities. A primary requirement of the position is to provide technical support, maintenance and repair to all areas of the business.
- · Fault find, repair and maintain a variety of underwater vehicles and marine electronic equipment
- · Provide phone and email technical support to existing customers
- · Prepare and test rental equipment before dispatch
- · Integrating sensors and sonars to ROVs.
- · Provide demonstration support to sales staff by operating the ROVs
- · Picking & packing spare parts orders and updating stock paperwork
- · Creating written service & inspection reports.
- · Provide product training to customers
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
The Support Engineer will possess broad-based electronics knowledge, and have strong IT skills.A degree in electronic engineering or an equivalent qualification such as an HND/HNC is required; together with a proven track record within a technical support role.The engineer will have experience in handling, fault finding and repairing electronics; and also dealing with customer technical enquiries.
UK Driving License. Passport for international travel.
A working knowledge of ROVs or robotics is advantageous.
- · Excellent communicator, written and verbal.
- · Good logical/analytical problem-solving skills
- · Strong IT skills
- · Strong organisational skills
- · Must be able to work under own initiative to solve problems.
- · Able to work well in a small team and independently when required
- · Structured and logical approach to problem solving
- · Excellent interpersonal skills
- · Confident when dealing with people at all levels.
- · Must be prepared to undertake extensive product training
- · Must apply exceptional attention to detail when undertaking any engineering activity
- · Able to travel at short notice to provide on-site training or customer support as necessary.
If you feel you are the ideal candidate APPLY now!
Keywords: Electronics Engineer, Electronics, Engineering, Engineer, Electronics Maintenance, Electronics Repair,
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com