Electronics Design Engineer
Our client is a growing and dynamic technology Company pre-eminent in the field of optical fibre sensing. Using a mix of technologies, our client develops products and systems, which give customers critical information about equipment in inaccessible places and often in extreme conditions. Applications for our client’s products have been found in many markets including Oil & Gas, Wind Power, Marine and Aerospace.
Our client’s projects range from a simple supply of catalogue products, to the development and supply of complete mechanical, optical and electronic systems to customer specifications.
Due to their continued success, our client is looking to recruit an experienced Electronics Design Engineer with skills in high speed analogue and digital design to join their Engineering team
Suitable candidates will already be resident in the UK and have at least 5 years’ experience in electronic engineering with a proven track record in high speed (~1 GHz) circuit design and will be expected to become the company’s design authority in this discipline.
- Design, document, test and debug of high speed analogue circuits.
- Design, document, test and debug of digital circuits.
- Design circuits in accordance with relevant regulations, in particular EMC.
- Schematic capture of such circuits, generation of parts lists and manufacturing documentation.
- Liaising with key suppliers for the manufacturing of such circuits.
- Writing test plans and production test schedules
- Maintaining the hardware designs of legacy products and dealing with any obsolescence issues that arise.
Essential skills and attributes:
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent in electronics engineering or related discipline.
- Hardware design and schematic capture using CAD tools, preferably Altium Designer.
- Extensive knowledge of amplifier circuits, DAC, ADC, power converters and feedback control.
- Interfacing hardware with FPGA devices.
- PCB layout design incorporating good EMC practice
- Good interpersonal skills and an effective team player.
- Good reporting skills
- Good attention to detail
- Able to work to deadlines
- Fluent English speaker
Advantageous skills and attributes:
- Experience of working with optoelectronics
- Experience of working to a recognised design life cycle methodology
- VHDL development on Xilinx and Altera FPGAs
- Signal processing
- Embedded software development in C/C++
- Familiarity with embedded Linux
- LabView interface development
For the right candidate a challenging role within an exciting and rewarding environment awaits, with opportunities for career advancement within the Company.
If you feel you’re the ideal candidate that our client is looking for, then send in your CV today by clicking the APPLY button below.
Keywords: Electronics Design Engineer, Design Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Software Development, Web Development, Linux, CAD, Electronics, Engineering, Engineer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org