Our client is a globally recognised Company, specialising in metal surface treatments specialising in laser and shot peening processes.
An opportunity has arisen for a multi skilled maintenance electrician to work within the maintenance team.
You must have your own transport, be in good health, time served electrician, reliable and proactive. In addition you will need extensive experience and knowledge of working in a mechanical maintenance role within a fast paced, medium sized manufacturing industry as the role is very diverse and you will be expected to attend both electrical and mechanical breakdowns. You will need to be open minded and have worked with aged machinery and technology. You must also be flexible and able to work nights and weekends on shift rotation pattern.
Maintain production through ensuring all electrical and mechanical equipment is in good working and down time is kept to a minimal. You will also be required to carry out mechanical and electrical diagnose and repair or place parts as required.
- Ensure operation of electrical systems and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance as required on robots, conveyors, programmable controllers, transformers, voltage regulators, and machinery wiring; following electrical code, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications; troubleshooting.
- Installation of new machinery
- Carry out inspection and testing work
- Repair electrical systems and equipment by diagnosing malfunctioning apparatus, such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures; determining faulty wiring; inspecting and testing malfunctioning machinery.
- Minimise downtime by informing production workers of routine/ preventive maintenance techniques and monitoring compliance.
- Repair and replace faulty electrical components by such as relays, switches, motors, printed circuit boards, and position-sensing devices.
- Maintain electrical equipment, parts and supply inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipate needed equipment and parts
- Conserves electrical maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provide electrical maintenance information by answering questions and request.
- Maintain continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Electronics Troubleshooting
- Problem Solving
- Equipment Maintenance
- Power Tools, Basic Safety
- Supply Management
- Technical Understanding
- Attention to Detail
- Job Knowledge
- MUST HAVE MECHANICAL EXPERIENCE
- NVQ Level 3
- HND or HNC or 17th Edition within Electrical Engineering / Maintenance.
- Time served electrician.
Other benefits: Company sick pay, 23 day annual leave plus Bank holiday
Location: Chester Broughton
Job Type – Permanent – Shift rotation Mornings 6am – 2pm, Twilights 2pm – 10pm, Nights 9.15 – 7.45 & Weekend Fri – Sun 7am – 7.30pm.
To be considered for this position, please click the APPLY button to forward a copy of your CV.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com