Early Years Practitioner/Teacher
Location: Redland, Bristol
Hours: Full Time- Part Time Hours Considered
For nearly 28 years Pooh Corner Day Nursery has been committed to the safeguarding of the children in their care and to this day continues to do so. Currently, Pooh Corner Day Nursery has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and caring individual to join their team as an Early Years Practitioner/Teacher.
As the successful candidate you will contribute to and support the overall development, learning and care of our children. This Early Years Practitioner/Teacher will contribute to the smooth running of the 2-3s Provision and the maintenance of a safe and stimulating learning environment. Moreover, this new member of staff will contribute to the development of the whole nursery.
Duties Will Include:
- Safeguarding children under any circumstances employing current legislation and making sure protecting and safeguarding all children in our setting is the first and foremost important aspect in your practice.
- Deliver the Early Years Foundation Stage consistently and efficiently, supporting other members of staff by modelling and sharing knowledge.
- Taking an active role in the provision of a safe and stimulating learning environment.
- Taking an active role in the provision of a full and balanced range of learning experiences, ensuring the care and well being of children, and maintaining positive links with parents and professionals working with the nursery.
- To take an active role in addressing the targets of the individual work plan and identifying and partaking in training for continual professional development.
The Ideal Candidate:
- QTS and/or Ba Hon in Early Years or Childhood Studies, EYPS or IEYTT or a highly experienced Level 3 practitioner.
- At least two years working in early years care and education or relevant position or experience as a primary/early years teacher.
- Knowledge of basic health and safety procedures.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with parents and other members of staff.
- Ability to observe, record and report.
- Ability to deal with accidents or emergencies in a calm manner.
- Excellent record keeping skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to continue own professional development.
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Knowledge and understanding of a range of special educational needs.
- First Aid certificate.
You are expected to be proficient in using well know professional interaction techniques such as open ended questions, Sustained Shared Thinking, Eye Contact, etc.
If you are someone who believes and values the need to safeguard and protect children and are passionate about child development, adult/children high quality interaction, then you could be the ideal candidate that our client is looking for.
To apply, send in your CV today by clicking the APPLY button below.
Keywords: Early Years Practitioner, Early Years Teacher, Early Years Teaching, Nursery Teacher, Nursery, Education, Education and Teaching
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com