Deputy Centre Manager
Established 30 years ago, our client has been running a well run and trustworthy nursery, creating an environment where staff, parents and children all value respect and care for each other in a happy and relaxed atmosphere.
Location: Crouch End, London
Salary:£27,300 per annum
Hours:40 hours a week full time.
Currently our client is looking to recruit a Deputy Care Manager to join their team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for out of school hour service.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To lead the day to day management and organisation of out of school hours services, including after school clubs and holiday play schemes, incorporating the Early Years Foundation Stage and fostering a fully inclusive environment.
- Work with staff to ensure and provide care, play opportunities and activities in a homely, safe, nurturing and enriching environment, with regards to the individual development needs of the children.
- To take responsibility to lead and implement planning that takes into account the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage 2014 requirements and the needs of older children aged 8 years and older taking into account play principles, health and safety, food hygiene and safeguarding children.
- To undertake designated person’s role for reporting, recording and monitoring child protection issues.
- To maintain accurate, confidential, secure and up-to-date documentation on all cases of safeguarding and child protection. Ensure that the child protection policy is available publicly and parents/carers are aware about the fact that referrals about suspected abuse or neglect may be made and the organisation’s role in this.
- Liaise with schools with regards to the needs of the children and provide a conduit between school and parents for sharing information about the child’s day with parents/carers.
- Take responsibility for monitoring, recording and collecting fees for services and provide updates and reports to the CEO and Finance administrator. Work with CEO and Finance Administrator to manage arrears. Provide accurate information where there are parents getting into arrears and ensure a zero arrears tolerance in line with the organisation’s finance policy is implemented.
- To deputise for the CEO as and when required.
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks as requested by the CEO.
The Ideal Candidate:
- NVQ Level 4 or Equivalent.
- Substantial successful experience of working within the Early Years Foundation Stage and integrating children in the older age range developing services that meets the needs of children in organised and structured play and educational activities.
- A sound knowledge of child development and early childhood education.
- Ability to identify and model the delivery of high quality practice and provision in which children in the Early Years Foundation Stage can thrive.
- Ability to promote, market and raise the profile of the provision working towards a financially sustainable service.
- Understanding of the importance of appropriate information sharing and confidentiality in supporting children’s and families’ well-being.
- Developing appropriate activities in consultation with parents and children ensuring adequate risk assessments of each activity is undertaken and recorded.
- Displays an awareness, understanding and commitment to the protection and safeguarding of children.
If you feel you’re the ideal candidate that our client is looking for, then send in your CV today by clicking the APPLY button below.
Keywords:Deputy Centre Manager, Education, Teaching, Afterschool Club, Childcare manager, nursery manager, early years,
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com