Vacancy for a Corporate Director (Finance)
Our client is seeking a high calibre dynamic individual with a strong strategic leadership and financial management background to become the third member of the Strategic Leadership Team of an established charitable company.
Community Transport (CT) is a key provider of specialised accessible transport andaffordable furniture. Established in 1964 in Birmingham, CT operates with a team of over 100 employees and 70 volunteers, supported by a fleet of over 70 vehicles and delivers services across three regions. CT’s strategic objectives are in putting customers first, providing excellent value for money and adapting to an ever changing operating environment.
The role sits within the Strategic Leadership Team,and is key to shaping the future direction of the organisation. With line management responsibility for a small corporate team, you will Ideally be based within commuting distance of the national office in Brighouse, West Yorkshire, although the role could be based in the Midlands or northeast of England for the right candidate. Frequent and regular travel between operational sites is a requirement of this post, enabling close working with operational colleagues in the wider management team.
The key responsibilities of the position are to:
- Lead the organisation forward as part of the Strategic Leadership Team, towards a strong and sustainable organisation moving forward;
- Provide oversight and strategic leadership in ensuring Community Transport’s continued and ongoing financial health;
- Lead on the budget setting process, engaging with staff and Trustees as appropriate;
- Provide corporate oversight of the financial and legal affairs of Community Transport ensuring all financial activities comply with contractual, statutory and regulatory requirements;
- Guide commercial awareness across Community Transport, advising on and directing growth strategies, pricing structures and capital asset management;
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate high levels of emotional intelligence, able to work positively with and lead colleagues at all levels in directing the organisation forward;
- Possess a sound track record in financial management, risk management, preparation of management and statutory accounts, and audit preparation;
- Possess a strong working knowledge of managing the financial reporting and corporate services of a complex multi-service organisation with a range of income streams;
- Be highly motivated, commercially astute and able to operate at a strategic level;
The position attracts a salary of £45,000 per annum, (pension and life assurance scheme after a qualifying period).
Must be available for interviews on the 7th or 8th August 2017.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com