Position: Contracts Supervisor
Location:Mirfield, West Yorkshire
Full time – Permanent
Salary: Negotiable – dependant on experience
Our client is an established commercial landscaping company and a vacancy has arisen for aContracts Supervisor at theHead Office locatedin Mirfield, West Yorkshire.
The successful candidate will have the ability and motivation to organise his/her own time as well as organising teams to undertake site-based landscaping work.The role will predominately involve supervision of commercial grounds maintenance sites; however, the successful candidate must be flexible as they will be required to assist with construction based landscaping contracts depending on the workload and seasons.
General responsibilities include:
- Co-ordinating labour, equipment and materials to ensure efficient productivity levels are achieved.
- Carrying out site visits to ensure the work is being carried out to the correct standard and teams are working in line with strict Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Liaising with the Contracts Manager, site agents, and clients with regard to issues on site.
- Being pro-active and decisive in dealing withday to day operational matters.
- Ability to interpret architects drawings and set out working areas for operational teams.
- Ensuring motivation and discipline is maintained with the teams
- Accurate completion of required documentation in line with the Company’s ISO Standards procedures.
Minimum of 5 years experience in commercial landscaping operations and previous supervisory background
Excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise with clients, management and all other members of staff.
Flexibility in approach to working hours – may be required to start early or work later in line with the operational needs of the business.
Will be required to undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
Desirable although not essential as training can be provided:
IOSH Health and Safety Certificate
Horticultural NVQ (or equivelent) level 3 or above
Salary: Dependant on qualifications and experience
In order to be considered for this position, please forward a copy of your CV and a Covering Letter, by clicking the APPLY button below.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org