Salary: £10,000 (£25,000 FTE, pro rata) per annum
Our client is an independent charity supporting patients and families living with a life-limiting illness, across North East Worcestershire. They are a Day Hospice and Family Support Service.
Working across the whole Hospice, and based within the Fundraising team, the Communications Officer will work closely with all Senior Managers to provide editorial, strategic, creative and operational support with regard to all aspects of communications across our charity’s work. The Communications Officer will play a key role in ensuring communications are both influential and informative for the full range of our stakeholders and help to build and maintain our reputation.
- Draft, edit and distribute materials for the press, partners, supporters and other stakeholders, including Press releases, newsletters, leaflets, posters and other communications – using desktop publishing software to create marketing materials in house where possible.
- Field external communication enquiries from journalists, supporters and service users and act as a spokesperson when necessary.
- Develop, manage, update and write content for website.
- Maintain social media accounts ensuring regular, high quality activity.
- Help market and communicate events and activities, both internal and external, participating in external events where appropriate.
- Compile and circulate electronic newsletters using email marketing software.
- Maintain library system for photographs, press cuttings, monitor cuttings and report.
- Increase the organisation’s profile across media and with influencers and organisations.
- Support the charity’s fundraising, services, education and public relations activities.
- Ensure regular contact is maintained with departments to ensure all areas are represented in Hospice communications.
- Ensure the Hospice effectively communicates the work it does by including real-life stories of patients and others who access our services in external communications and on the website.
- Lead on copy-writing and production of marketing materials and key publications including Annual Review.
- Keep up to date on best practice within the charity sector generally and particularly with changes to communications innovation, legislation and codes of practice.
- Work in partnership with suppliers to achieve the best value for the Hospice.
- Provide regular updates and feedback to the Senior Management Team as required.
- Undertake and comply with mandatory staff training.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Must be prepared to work flexibly, including evenings and weekends as the role demands. Time off in lieu is given for this
- A full driving licence and use of own car is required; expenses will be paid in line with travel and expenses policy
- Experience in a similar role is essential
- Well organized
If you feel you are the ideal candidate go to http://www.primrosehospice.org/employment to APPLY today!
Keywords: Communications Officer, Communications, Social Media, Marketing, Production, Marketing, Management, Annual Review, Publications, Publicity, Planning, Organisation, Communications Manager.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com