Claims Handler Vacancy
Salary: Minimum Wage
Hours: The normal day is 9am – 5pm with 1 hour lunch, but you may be asked to start earlier or finish later, subject to the business needs.
The Company: Our client is a claims management company based in Bury, Lancashire that specialises in helping people make claims for mis-sold financial products such as PPI and packaged bank accounts. The business started in 2009 and most of the team have been with the company since the outset.
Due to growing business, our client is currently looking for a Claims Handler to join the busy team. You will be part of a relatively small team of eight or so people and you will be reporting to the departmental manager and to one of the directors.
The main tasks that this role involves are as follows, but will cover all aspects of claims handling in a busy office:
- Dealing with incoming correspondence from clients and creditors
- Inputting data for clients onto the firm’s claims management system
- Communicating with clients and lenders
- Managing the claims process on behalf of clients
- This role will be ideal for someone who is bright, flexible, enthusiastic and happy to work hard in a busy office environment.
- It won’t be necessary to have prior experience of a claims environment, but that will obviously be helpful.
- There will be full training given on the firm’s systems and you will have a dedicated work buddy to help you with any problems while you are settling in.
- We anticipate that the successful applicant will be qualified to “A level” standard, but if you’re sufficiently numerate and literate without A levels, we may be happy to speak to you.
Package, benefits and terms: The starting salary for this position is the applicable minimum hourly rate according to age, although we do occasionally run bonus incentive schemes, dependant on performance. We give 28 days’ paid leave (including bank holidays) and our working week is 35 hours, although we allow staff to finish half an hour early on Fridays to start the weekend with a cheer.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and are seeking a new career, then send your CV to email@example.com, with the subject line referring to the position and where you found it. Alternatively, call 01772 886799.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org