Salary:£20,600 – £21,432inc sleep-in allowance
Training &Benefits: Induction & ongoing training, safeguarding, first aid, health & safety, 28 days paid holiday plus access to a company pension scheme.
Hours: Full time
Location: Glossop SK13
Established in 1997, our care homes, rated Good with outstanding features, have supported vulnerable& disadvantaged children & young people from across the UK for many years.
We are currently looking for full time Children’s Residential Care Workersto join our friendly team.
You will be supporting children & young people aged 11 – 17 overcome
disadvantage as well as supporting improved outcomes.
- Attend the home (inc camps & activity pursuits) as per rota requirements.
- Support children and young people throughout period of duty (incdriving, contact escorts).
- Ensure the security of the building or associated accommodation.
- Contribute, develop and facilitate individual and group activities and other positive social development opportunities.
- Act as a Keyworker, supporting young people and promote their care and welfare needs.
- Support daily recordings and contribute to other regularised reports including statutory meetings and reviews where required.
- Maintain professional knowledge and competence.
- Participate in relevant NVQ training to achieve required qualifications.
- Work with other relevant agencies (Local Authority, Education, Police, YOT etc).
- Support staff as directed by senior line management.
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures within the defined time scales.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Positions available for qualified & unqualified staff.
- Have suitable transferable skills
- Ability or experience of working with children, young people, teenagers
- Enjoy or have a passion for education activity & the outdoors
- Have drive and determination
- Knowledge & experience of the management of behavioural difficulties
- Appointments subject to satisfactory Disclosure & Barring clearance & min 2 employment references
- Full driving license and 12 months regularised driving is essential.
If you feel you are the ideal candidate APPLY today!
Keywords: Childrens Residential Care, Residential Care Worker, Carer, Care & Education, Youth Activities, Residential Care Pursuits, Care Vacancies, Carer, Care Worker, Care, Care Vacancies.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org