Job title Chief Executive Officer
Salary £55,000 to £60,000 depending upon experience
Working Hours 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday
Location Primrose Hospice, Bromsgrove
Primrose Hospice is an independent charity supporting patients and families living with a life-limiting illness, across North East Worcestershire. We are a Day Hospice and Family Support Service.
We are now looking for an inspirational and entrepreneurial Chief Executive Officer to lead the Hospice during a period in which the health and social care agenda is very challenging but increasingly important.
The Hospice is currently developing a new three-year strategy and business plan, and as CEO, you will provide input to this process and be responsible for its subsequent delivery. Furthermore, you will provide strategic leadership, management and development of staffing, service delivery, finance and income generation.
Required Skills & Experience/ Responsibilities/Qualifications:
- A proven track record of successful leadership and achievement at Board Level in a multi-disciplinary organisation
- The ability to think and operate at a strategic level and to work effectively with the Chair, Board of Trustees and senior staff
- The ability to work with and influence key stakeholders to promote the best interests of Primrose Hospice
- Previous record of successfully managing change in an organisation and responding to evolving changes in the environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to represent the Hospice at all levels both internally and externally
- The ability to engage a diverse group of staff and volunteers through an empowering and engaging style
- Resourceful, resilient with complex problem-solving, decision-making and analytical skill
- A degree or relevant professional management qualification
- A high level of financial literacy and awareness with evidence of sound budget management
- Proven experience in leading and motivating a senior management team and communicating effectively with staff, patients and a large number of volunteers
- Solid track record of effectively managing resources and budgets, with experience of delivering long term financial sustainability and stewardship of valuable resources
- Experience of working collaboratively
- The ability to work under pressure and to respond effectively to explore and establish new/enhanced services
- Able to work with clarity, openness, and with a sense of determination to deliver agreed objectives.
- Willing to uphold the clinical and spiritual ethos and standards of Primrose Hospice and to promote and follow the organisational values
- Politically astute, with high levels of emotional intelligence, the highest levels of personal integrity and honesty.
- Holder of a current driving licence
- Enhanced DBS clearance (can be applied for on appointment)
- Previous experience in hospice management or health care at a senior level with an understanding of current issues and developments in palliative care
- An understanding of the requirements and legal issues to operate in the voluntary sector and to maintain registered charitable status
- Experience of maximising income generation through fundraising and retail outlets.
- Proven experience of successful delegation to senior managers
- Experience of effective performance management
If you feel you’re the ideal candidate for the position, then APPLY today and a member of the recruiting team will be in touch by email with a link to the application.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org