Job Title: Catering/Food Service Assistant
Hours: Full Time/Full Year – 40 hours per week, 5 days over 7 weekend work is required, working on a rota basis
Salary: Basic Hourly Wage £8.49; Enhanced Hourly Wage £9.87
Queen Ethelburga’s provides day and boarding education for boys and girls aged 3 to 19 through the Kindergarten, Chapter House Preparatory School, Kings Magna Middle School, the College and Faculty. We are situated in a rural location between York and Harrogate in extensive grounds and modern, purposebuilt facilities where we aim to provide a friendly, stimulating community in which young people can live and learn and where the diversity of our broad intake is celebrated.
The successful candidate will be expected to be enthusiastic, self-motivated with the ability to multi-task within a busy and dynamic environment. An excellent team player, you will be pro-active.
We now require a full time Catering/Food Service Assistant to join the school and take responsibility for maintaining the high standards of food service throughout the Estate.
This job description is written at a specific time and is subject to change as the demands of the Estate and the role develops. The role requires flexibility and adaptability and the employees of the Estate need to be aware that they may be asked to perform tasks and be given responsibilities not detailed in this job description.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, set up and clear counters in the service area for all meal services
- Provide excellent customer service at all times to our students, staff and visitors
- Serve meals on the counter as requested during meal service times
- Prepare light refreshments and packed meals as and when required
- Working within the pot wash area during meal service times
- General cleaning and tidying of the department
- Ensure that all COSHH, Food Safety and Health & Safety requirements are adhered to
- Assist in the running of functions and school events
- Attend all training as and when required
- Carry out any other duties requested
- Free staff gym for
- Free staff Car Park
- Free meal while on duty
- Annual free family summer barbecue
- Annual free black tie Christmas Ball for staff and a guest.
- We enrol all our employees in the Workplace Pension Scheme
- 10% discount in our Kindergarten
The post holder’s responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons for whom s/he is responsible, or with whom s/he comes into contact will be to adhere to and ensure compliance with the Collegiate’ s Child Protection Policy at all times. If, in the course of carrying out the duties of the post the post holder becomes aware of any actual or potential risks to the safety or welfare of children in the school s/he must report any concerns to the Collegiate’ sDesignated Safeguarding Lead.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and are seeking a new career, then send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line referring to the position and where you found it. Alternatively, call 01772 886799.
Keywords: Catering/Food Service Assistant, Catering Assistant, Caterer, Food Service Assistant, Food Service, Cook, Chef, Catering and Hospitality, School Cook, School Caterer
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com