Grade and SCP: Grade 6 SCP 18 – 21
Salary Range £8.86 to £9.87 per hour (as at 1 April 2017)
Our client is undergoing a large scale transformation programme aimed at ‘Creating a better future’, which puts improving the quality of life of all local people at the heart of everything we do.
The post holder will be responsible for the day to day management of the catering contract at the site to which they are appointed. To ensure that the service is provided to the full satisfaction of the client and that all legislative and procedural arrangements are in place and effectively managed.
- To ensure the catering service is provided as efficiently as possible and operated in line with Shropshire Council and Shire Services Procedures.
- To provide a catering service to a number of different sites, ensuring that the service provision is consistent across all sites.
- The management and supervision of a large team (5 – 10 team members) of catering staff working at multiple locations across the site.
- Monitoring and managing the sickness and absence of staff, including return to work interviews.
- The management and supervision of a team of catering staff providing catering services to a number of sites.
- To ensure all policies and procedures are implemented as directed.
- To maintain appropriate levels of food stocks to ensure the food service can be delivered as required with the minimum amount of waste.
- To monitor and manage the financial performance of the Profit and Loss Trading Account including food cost, labour cost and other expenditure. Taking action where appropriate to address any areas of concern.
- To escalate any service improvements or extended service opportunities to the Area Management
- To ensure all paperwork and records are completed accurately and submitted to head office according to the specified timetable.
- Preparation and cooking of food as dictated by the menu cycle and Recipe Manual to achieve the required high standard of food for service.
These duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The post holder will be expected to become involved in a range of work to enable the service to respond effectively to the changing requirements of the Council and changes affecting the workforce.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and are seeking a new career, then send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line referring to the position and where you found it. Alternatively, call 01772 886799.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com