Benefits:20 days’ holiday per year, plus bank holidays, increasing to 25 days plus bank
Holidays after 2 years’ service, Pension scheme. Health package with Simply Health providing financial support for dental and optical.
Hours:Full time (38 hours), Part time and Relief Vacancies. Day/night both available
Location:York and Tadcaster.
If you are looking for a rewarding and challenging role where you can make a real difference to the lives of individuals with visual impairments and other complex disabilities then this role will suit you.
Experience is not necessary, but our client is looking for people who enjoy supporting and caring for others, who have high standards, are open and friendly and who respect the dignity of others. If this is you, they will invest in your training and development and support you in a rewarding career in care and support work.
There are opportunities to progress within the organisation, gain recognised qualifications including NVQ level 2 to 5, and take on ‘Champion’ roles with additional responsibilities.
All staff are supported to achieve the Care Certificate and attend a full time two week induction course.
- Provide daily support and personal care
- Administer medication (once fully trained)
- Arranging daily activities
- Taking tenants on trips and activities
- Helping to prepare meals or attending sensory sessions
- Encourage tenants to develop and maintain positive relationships with family and friends.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Previous experience is desirable but not essential
- A caring and sensitive nature is important,
- Able to work well in a team
- Experience caring for others either in, or outside work would be beneficial eg: Time spent caring for family members for example is relevant experience for this role.
- Good level of written and spoken English and basic maths
- Able torecord information accurately.
- Because of the nature of the role a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Certificate plusgood references will be required before starting.
More information about the role and the Trust are available at:
If you would like to apply please send us a full application form available on our web site or to discuss the role contact the trust and speak to the Recruitment and Staffing Coordinator
Keywords: Home Care Workers, Care Workers, Care Worker, Home Care, Home Carer, Support Worker, Home Support Worker, Junior, Trainee, Apprentice, Admin, PA, Customer Service, Apprentice
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com