CARE ASSISTANT (Care Home)
Salary: Competitive DOE
Benefits: 28 days holiday, pension scheme, excellent working environment
Hours: Full and Part time + weekends and evenings available
Main Objectives of the post:
To work as part of a team to meet and maintain the personal care needs of residents in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes independence and assist in the care of the residents’ physical environment and in the general day-to-day activities of the Home.
- To encourage each residents within their capabilities to be as independent as possible and enable them to exercise
- To assist residents who need help with washing, dressing, bathing and toileting.
- Undertaking routine care of resident’s hair, teeth, and finger/toe nails.
- To assist residents with their mobility and in the use of mobility aids and personal equipment.
- To contribute towards the development of activities for residents in which they can join
- To act as Key-worker to a number of residents and be responsible for the care of those persons’ rooms, clothing, emotional needs etc.
- To maintain daily written reports on residents where appropriate.
- To set tables and trays, serve meals and assist with feeding where a resident may need help.
- To be involved in the activities and outings with residents.
- To obtain specimens of urine.
- Maintain professional knowledge and competence.
- Participate in relevant NVQ training to achieve required qualifications.
- Understand, and ensure the implementation of, the Care Home’s Health and Safety policy, and Emergency and Fire procedures
- Promote safe working practice within the Care Home.
- Promote and ensure the good reputation of the Care home.
- Ensure that all information of confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties.
- Ensure the security of the Care Home is maintained at all times
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures within the defined time scales.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Have relevant care qualifications
- Experience in a similar role
- Show good Communication skills.
- Show initiative and the ability to perform under pressure.
- Be passionate about care and be willing to develop further skills.
- Be friendly and supportive towards vulnerable adults.
- Be reliable and flexible.
- Show the ability to build relationships with those you will support and those around them.
- Show patients, compassion and understanding when working with others.
- This post will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
If you feel you are the ideal candidate APPLY today!
Keywords: Residential Home, Care Home, Senior Home, Retirement Home, Carer, Care Worker, Senior Support Worker, Health Care Worker, Support, Health Care, Care, Care Vacancies.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org