Main Purpose of the Role:
- To efficiently remotely monitor and control the Edina contract fleet
- To efficiently diagnose and restart (when appropriate and safe to do so) any units that may have tripped.
- To carry out initial fault finding and correctly record each stoppage inclusive of times.
- To participate in scheduled shift system
Goals & Objectives:
- To profitably maintain the output and availability of the Edina O&M service fleet. This means ensuring the service fleet is made available in a cost effective way as measured by the performance reports
- To maintain a high level of availability with the clear goal of maximum efficiency & effectiveness, achieving high service performance which is valued by customers but at the lowest operating cost in the market place & as a profitable business unit
- Maximise availability and uptime by effecting a first time fix wherever possible.
- To ensure that service “customers” receive good, yet cost effective service & to ensure that they are satisfied with the product and service provided
- Liaise with customers and managers to ensure efficient and fluid operation of the service fleet.
- To ensure that the mechanisms are in place to ensure that all contracts are correctly implemented in a way that is valued by customers & profitable to the O&M operation
- To manage operational duties connected with the Oncall Edina Operations Engineers & any third party contractors with efficiency & effectiveness.
- To actively communicate with line managers to ensure the high standards of Edina are met at all times
- Accurately complete all paperwork inclusive of incidents logs and end of shift reports.
- To ensure that all operational duties are undertaken within the rules of the Edina Health & Safety handbook & that any other personnel associated with those duties possess or receive adequate training to enable them to correctly carryout the duties needed
Main Duties & Responsibilities
1. Scope of Activities
1.1 Responsible to the Service Manager for all aspects of remote monitoring in relation to the service and maintenance of all gas generators, CHP’s and their ancillary equipment.
1.2 Responsible for close co-operation with the Service Manager, and all associated with the Edina parts and service organisation for all aspects related to the successful operation of the After Sales Contracts
1.3 Check the operation of all units ensuring that sufficient information is recorded to ensure that costs and shutdowns can be allocated correctly.
1.4 In each of the above items, the fundamental responsibility is with the individual Manager, but decisions are made that are beneficial to the wellbeing of the Edina Group
2. Problem Solving
2.1 Day to day operational decisions
2.2 Planning of resources and parts to achieve acceptable commercial results
2.3 The most important problem solving area is that of engineering problem solving and efficient, effective and timely return to service via proactive and reactive responses to all operational shutdowns.
4.1 The availability of all After Sales Contracts as measured against the contract conditions
4.2 Focus on engine availability whilst minimising any risk to the business
4.3 The overall performance of the After Sales Contracts to achieve the above criteria whilst minimising any risk
4.4 Maximise the availability of each contract through efficient and effective monitoring
5. Knowledge & Experience
5.1 Competent Technician with considerable skills and in-depth knowledge of gas and diesel engines
5.2 Considerable drive and be able to operate unsupervised. Highly proactive as well as a good and efficient communicator
5.3 Good skills in customer relations and willing to promote the benefits of After Sales Contracts
6.1 Flexible in approach to working conditions due to the 24 hour 7 day operational nature of After Sales Contracts
6.2 Participate in an established shift system. 12 hours shifts, 4 on 4 off. Shift 1 06:00 to 18:00, shift 2 18:00 to 06:00
Applicants must demonstrate on their CV or Application Form how they meet the following Essential Criteria;
Minimum qualification to ONC/D, NVQ or City & Guilds level in mechanical/electrical engineering or motor vehicle studies
Knowledge & Experience
Competent time served Technician in a mechanical/electrical discipline, preferably with a minimum of 3 years’ experience.
Competent Technician with considerable skills and in-depth knowledge of gas/diesel engines.
Effective IT skills and competent in the use of Microsoft Office Packages.
Previous experience of shift work.
Good customer relations.
Knowledge and understanding of control, systems, engine controller’s/PLC’s.
Effective and focused on delivering results and working as an integral part of the Edina team.
Effective skills in customer relations and willing to promote the benefits of the Edina product.
Flexible in approach to working conditions due to the nature of the role.
Participate in an established shift system. 12 hours shifts, 4 on 4 off. Shift 1 06:00 to 18:00, shift 2 18:00 to 06:00
The role will involve weekend work and bank holidays.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org