Our client is a long established and privately-owned company, building new homes, and refurbishments and extensions on large individual houses in the residential sector.
THE OPPORTUNITY: Working alongside the Director and Contracts Manager to improve efficiency. Understand the relationship between drawings, programmes and budgets to ensure a profitable return on projects, whilst maintaining the high standard of finish that we expect and continually produce.
THE CANDIDATE: Will show a desire to be part of a passionate hardworking team, ideally for someone with buying / purchasing / procurement experience.
- Procure materials and subcontractors to specification and budget.
- Maximise profitability and minimise risk.
- Receive and review tenders and return quotations to ensure our tender rates match our sub-contractor rates.
- Arrange meetings and review general costs with our regular merchants.
- Maintain good relationships with our merchants and our site staff.
- Identify possible issues within a particular drawing and give input to resolve.
- Identify items of financial / contractual implications and respond appropriately.
- Support the purchasing strategy.
- Attend regular office-based progress meetings.
- Assist with new site set up.
Key skills & Experience:
- A good understanding of building technology and construction processes.
- Must have worked on build/construction projects, preferably have experience in new build and large one-off residential homes.
- A very good understanding of drawings and specifications.
- Experienced in applications and ordering of utilities/services.
- Must be able to understand the relevance of specification and different types of materials used within the building industry.
- Computer skills (Microsoft packages).
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills.
- Able to work to demanding deadlines.
- Basic Salary: £33 – £38k
- Statutory Pension
- Free on-site parking
- 20 days’ holiday plus statutory bank holidays
If you feel you’re the ideal candidate that our client is looking for in their Buyer, then send in your CV today by clicking the APPLY button below.
Keywords: Buyer, Buying Vacancies, Procurement, Acquisitions, Purchasing, Quotations, Utilities, Services, Project Management, Contracts Management, Construction
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com