Salary: £16286.40 – £19760.00 plus overtime
Benefits: Pension scheme, 28 days holiday
Hours: 40 per week, 8.15am to 4.45pm Monday to Thursday, 7.45am to 4.00pm FridayOvertime available
Location: Long Eaton, Nottingham
Our client has been manufacturing superior screen printing since 1948. Working in the commercial industry, they offer a wide range of graphic services including plant and vehicle markings, point of sale displays and advertising banners, screen printing and promotional prints for exhibitions. They are currently looking to recruit an experienced Assistant screen printer, the position requiresexperience of flatbed sliding table semi/three quarter automatic machines e.g. Thieme, Svecia, Atma, Kippax and good knowledge of high quality graphic printing for industrial and retail applications.
- Assisting the screen print operators with machine setting.
- Preparing jobs for the press; ensuring materials are ready, screens are prepared andinspected,helping the operators to ensure the press is running correctly.
- Cleaning the screen press and breaking down for the next job.
- Verify and follow all information on the job ticket
- Quality checks throughout the run
- Working with 2-3 screen printers ensuring they have all jobs ready to print at all times to minimising machine downtime.
- Perform these and other duties as assigned by supervisor or other appropriate management personnel.
- Work overtime and weekends as required by the business
- In addition as required to support our screen making department when required – e.g. for holiday cover -helping to fulfil the multi-step process of screen making which includes screen selection, degreasing, film emulsion coating, exposure and wash out as well as cleaning and reclaiming after printing.
- Opportunity to develop screen printing skills on high quality work.
The Ideal Candidate:
- 5 x GCSE passes at minimum grade C or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in screen printing operations and prep work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, good eye for colour
- Excellent problem solving skills
- The employee is regularly required to stand, speak, hear and comprehend.
- The employee is required to stand for extended period of time on a daily basis.
- The employee must be able to lift up to 20kg on a regular basis.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to check colour and inspect prints.
Our client is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you feel you are the ideal candidate APPLY today!
Keywords: Print Technician, Artwork Technician, Print work, Creative Roles, Creative Vacancies, Media New Media and Creative, Printer Jobs, Printing, Finishing, Guillotine, Stitching Line, Printer, Finisher, Thieme, Svecia, Atma, Kippax
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com