Are you someone with a self-starting attitude? Do you have the ability to motivate both yourself and those around you? Are you looking for an amazing career opportunity? If the answer to all thre of these questions is yes, then look no further, because our client is looking for you! Currently our client is looking for an Assistant Operations Manager for their landscaping division, based at their Southern office in Dorking, responsible for managing the day to day contract activities including but not limited to programming and delivering the scheduled work, managing teams to ensure quality and service levels exceed our Customer expectations and costs are kept within budget.
Candidates must be: self-starters and self-motivated,organized and methodical,thorough in their approach, financially astute and resourceful, good communicators and assertive negotiators, flexible to both business and client needs, personable and approachable, trustworthy and honest, possessing a keen eye for quality and detail, with a disciplined approach to decision making, excellent time management skills with the ability to work to multiple deadlines, possess astute problem solving skills, with an ability to manage and motivate multiple teams over a wide and diverse geographical team
- Full responsibility for the execution of on-site operations/instructions through Team Leaders, supporting the motivation of all staff and optimum management of operational level.
- Project and quality control through active site inspection ensuring projects are to time, quality, financial and customer service targets/KPIs, disciplined in adopting the departments Forward Planning processes.
- Liaison with client Health and Safety representatives over relevant operational matters.
- Ensure monthly revenue and cost budgets are met, with early communication of potential variances.
- Supporting the Estimating Team in the drawing up of Specifications and Quotations.
- Ensuring compliance with QSHE protocols including Risk Assessment/Method Statements.
- P.R. exercises with Managing Agent and Customers Relationship teams.
- Reporting upwards to Operations Manager on all aspects of cost, QHSE, HR and quality control
- Liaison with other departments, operational staff, sub-contractors & suppliers.
Skills and Experience
You will possess strong communication and organisation skills, be financially astute and a natural leader. A pro-active and positive attitude is essential as well as an ability to work well under pressure. This is a varied and ever evolving role involving budget control, Health and Safety and people management.
Proficiency in MS Office; Outlook, Word& Excel and be confident leading multiple teams.
Sound knowledge and proven back ground within landscape management, supported by relevant horticultural and industry qualifications and a full driver’s license is essential
- Salary up to £28,500 dependent on skillset and experience.
- Relevant continual professional training relevant to the sector.
- Potential for career progression within the business as regional client base develops.
If you believe you possess the skills, qualities and experience that our client is looking for, then send in your CV today to be a part of this exciting opportunity and click the APPLY button below.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org