Due to our client undergoing a large scale transformation programme aimed at ‘Creating a better future’ this has opened up a vacancy for an Assistant Cook! To be successful in this role you must have flair and good organisational skills with excellent benefits on offer.
Main Purpose of Post
The postholder will be responsible for assisting the Cook in Charge with the day to day management of the site catering contract.
Key Responsibilities and tasks:
- To prepare and cook food and beverages.
- To serve meals.
- To set up and clear away the dining room area.
- To clean the kitchen and/or dining area.
- To assist in the planning of menus and ordering of food.
- To assist the Cook in Charge with the day to day supervision of the kitchen staff.
- To take responsibility, in the absence of the Cook in Charge, for the running of the kitchen and the catering facilities.
- To assist with maintaining correct records of food stocks, money and equipment.
- To ensure that all health and safety policies are adhered to by all staff.
- You may be required to operate tills and collect dinner money.
- To support the cook in maintaining relations with customers
Grade: – Grade 3
Salary Range: – £7.93 per hour (as at 1 April 2017)
Hours: – 25 hours per week, Mon-Fri, Permanent, Term time + cleaning days
DBS Disclosure required: – Yes – Enhanced
A key facet of the role will be to ensure that your individual, team and service targets are met, whilst ensuring that your team delivers successfully in supporting the wider corporate and service objectives. You will also be expected to ensure the health and safety, as well as the wellbeing of employees whilst promoting equality and diversity. The duties detailed within this document are illustrative and you will be expected to undertake reasonable additional duties when requested.
If you feel that you’re the ideal candidate for the role and have all the necessary experience, then send in your CV today by clicking the APPLY button below!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com