Post Title: Assistant Cook
Grade: Grade 4
Salary Range: £7.97 per hour (as at 1 April 2017)
Hours: Part Time
Customer & Service user base: Provision of catering services to schools and other customers across Shropshire, Worcester and Hereford.
DBS Disclosure required: Yes – Enhanced
All employees of Shropshire Council will ensure that the Council’s visions, values, priorities and commitment to delivering excellent service toShropshireare achieved, and that performance standards set by Shropshire Council or relevant external bodies are achieved.
Main Purpose of Post
The postholder will be responsible for assisting the Catering Manager with the day to day management of the site catering contract.
Key Responsibilities and tasks:
- To prepare and cook food and beverages.
- To serve meals.
- To set up and clear away the dining room area.
- To clean the kitchen and/or dining area.
- To assist in the planning of menus and ordering of food.
- To assist the Catering Manager with the day to day supervision of the kitchen staff.
- To take responsibility, in the absence of the Catering Manager, for the running of the kitchen and the catering facilities.
- To assist with maintaining correct records of food stocks, money and equipment.
- To ensure that all health and safety policies are adhered to by all staff.
- You may be required to operate tills and collect dinner money.
- To support the cook in maintaining relations with customers
A key facet of the role will be to ensure that your individual, team and service targets are met, whilst ensuring that your team delivers successfully in supporting the wider corporate and service objectives. You will also be expected to ensure the health and safety, as well as the wellbeing of employees whilst promoting equality and diversity. The duties detailed within this document are illustrative and you will be expected to undertake reasonable additional duties when requested.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and are seeking a new career, then send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line referring to the position and where you found it. Alternatively, call 01772 886799.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com