A fantastic opportunity to work with a forward thinking company with offices in a tranquil setting outside of Colchester and who offer a very attractive benefits package. This position is ideal for someone with a prior knowledge of Financial Services who is keen to learn and progress in the industry.
The main purpose of the Apprentice Trainee Paraplanner is to assist financial advisers with researching, analysing and preparing financial reports for clients.
As an Apprentice Paraplanner you will learn:-
- the structure of the financial services market, including the role of the financial adviser, the paraplanner, product providers and support services
- financial services regulation and compliance
- financial products and financial planning tools
- systems and processes needed to carry out their role
- customer service and relationships
- planning and prioritising
You will work under the supervision of the Practice Manager whilst also spending time with technical support and the Financial Planners.
During your apprenticeship you will study towards a recognised Financial Services qualification.
- Prepare documents for client meetings
- Undertake analysis of client position/risk questionnaire etc and research financial solutions to meet client needs
- Present analysis/research to Paraplanner/Head of Paraplanning/Financial Planners
- Complete required paperwork within agreed timeframes
- Answer product based technical queries from clients and colleagues
- Liaising with external administration centres and other third parties
- Assist Financial Planners during client meetings, including taking, and completing meeting notes
- Support Client Services Team when needed
- Prepare template suitability letters, annual reviews and client letters for adviser sign off
- Draft non templated suitability reports to be completed with assistance from Head of Paraplanning/Paraplanner
- Assist four eye process by checking letters/reports (checking for administration errors/adding own opinions rather than signing off as part of compliance process)
- Bind and issue reports and letters
- Be aware of the regulatory requirements in respect of client servicing, & new business
- Undertake investment analysis and comparisons via Financial Express
- Accurately record work progression on FinPlan, Paraplanning Overview spreadsheet and any other systems
- Base data input of client cashflow reports on Voyant
- Study towards the Certificate in Paraplanning within 24 months of joining (with support)
- Have a base knowledge of Protection, Investments, Pensions, mainstream Tax and Trusts, as well as the financial planning process
- Be aware of the regulatory requirements in respect of new business processing and the financial planning process, and ensure that appropriate documentation is obtained to evidence this
- Have good written and oral communication skills
- Have good analytical and numerical skills
- Have good time management skills
- Have the ability to liaise in a professional and concise manner
- Have good IT skills
Benefits after successfully passing 6 months probationary – 5% contribution match in a pension, private health insurance, private medical insurance, death in service 4 x salary & 25 days holiday.
Starting salary of £18,000 – £20,000 to be reviewed in 6 months dependent on performance & progress in the role.
Monday – Friday 9 to 5
If you feel that you’re the ideal candidate, then send in your CV at email@example.com or call in at 01772 886 799
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org