A fantastic opportunity to work within a Chartered Financial Planners and take advantage of their apprenticeship development programme. This position is ideal for someone with a prior knowledge of Financial Services who is keen to learn and progress in the industry.
The main purpose of the Apprentice Trainee Paraplanner is to assist financial advisers with researching, analysing and preparing financial reports for clients.
As an Apprentice Paraplanner you will learn:-
• the structure of the financial services market, including the role of the financial adviser, the paraplanner, product providers and support services
• financial services regulation and compliance
• financial products and financial planning tools
• systems and processes needed to carry out their role
• customer service and relationships
• planning and prioritising
This role will train you to provide comprehensive support to Independent Chartered Financial Planners; this includes researching products and funds and preparing suitability letters. You will be involved in all aspects of new business and client reviews with the overall goal to assist in providing professional tailored financial planning advice and to support the growth of the business.
The Paraplanner will work directly with the Advisers on new clients and be one step ahead of them when it comes to existing client reviews.
Key Responsibilities that you will take over by the end of the programme:
- Researching products and funds to assist the adviser when putting together a comprehensive recommendation for clients
- Working with external panel for products and fund choices
- Preparing information for review of any potential off panel requests
- Requesting information from the clients existing schemes and assessing the information received for accuracy and completeness
- Writing Suitability Reports, ensuring;
- accuracy of client specific information
- all risk warning included
- meet standards set by compliance department
- meet FCA guidelines
- working with existing templates and utilising cashflow planning system to back up recommendations
- Preparing review information ahead of client meetings
- Reviewing existing Investments, comparing to benchmarks and preparing pre-review reports suggesting potential fund switches where necessary
- Writing review letters to clients after adviser meetings to confirm details of reviews (fund switches, risk profiling review, etc)
– Demonstrable knowledge of Financial services; some financial product knowledge would be advantageous but is not essential.
– Excellent attention to detail and organisation skills
– Proactive, self-motivated and be able to take own initiative
– Good knowledge of Windows Microsoft – excel and word
– Good GCSE passes in English and Maths
– Initially progression to level 4 Certificate in Paraplanning
– You will learn how to use back office systems (Intelliflo/Intelligent office)
– You will be trained on the use of cash flow planning for clients
– Option of progressing to Independent Financial planner role, if desired
Job Title: Paraplanner – Apprenticeship
Reports to: Director
Salary: £15,000 – £18,000 pa dependent on experience
In order to apply for this position, please click the APPLY button below and forward a copy of your CV.
Keywords: Apprentice, Apprenticeship, Trainee, Traineeship, Apprentice Paraplanner, Trainee Paraplanner, Paraplanner, Financial Services, Financial Adviser, Banking, Finance, Banking and Finance,
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com