Our client, an established Chartered Financial Planning practice in Alton, is offering an opportunity for the right candidate to join them as an Apprentice Financial Services Administrator.
Initially the role would be to provide support to the Administration Team learning the different skills and processes which will enable them to eventually take on responsibility for their own bank of clients and to provide them with the high standard of service expected.
The level 3 Apprenticeship in Financial Services Administration is an entry level role which provides the foundation knowledge, skills and experience for a career in Financial Services.
As an apprentice administrator you will learn:-
- the financial services market
- the financial services regulatory framework
- ethics and key principles of the financial advice process
- the purpose and technical content of financial services products and services
- systems and processes required to carry out the role of financial services administrator
During your apprenticeship you will study towards a recognised Financial Services qualification.
Responsibilities and Duties
Duties would include:
- Reporting to Administration Manager
- Sending letters of authority to providers to obtain current plan information. Following up to ensure that information is received back and updating internal office paperwork.
- Requesting fund reviews once sufficient information received.
- Running risk questionnaires through the online profiler and updating the system.
- Preparing illustrations for various products and providers.
- Preparing reports for sending to clients, including gathering enclosures and preparing forms.
- Liaise with clients, accountants, solicitors and product providers.
- Submitting new business, whether online or in paper format and monitoring the process for its completion. Chasing up when necessary and updating the client.
- Adhering to internal procedures, including data protection, compliance requirements, keeping advisers updated, adding business to the register and ensuring the database remains up to date.
- Maintaining back office system – updating client details where we have been notified of a change.
- Trading – whether online or sending instructions in the post.
- Dealing with client requests – income, withdrawals, deceased clients and death claims.
- Providing support to the advisers and ensuring that they have everything required for their appointments.
- Routine maintenance of cash accounts which will involve monitoring cash levels and topping these up if required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Be well organised and have the ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines.
- Have a basic understanding of, and commitment to excellent customer service.
- Have a good understanding of issues regarding confidentiality.
- Have a good understanding of Microsoft Office Packages i.e. word, excel & outlook.
- Have the ability to work on own initiative and, as part of a team.
- Have the ability to deal with a wide range of customers both internal & external.
- Understand the need to deal with customers sensitively.
- A co-operative and supportive approach.
- Be flexible & enthusiastic.
- Show a commitment to self development.
Additionally, the following are desirable but not essential…
- A – C grade GCSE Maths, English & IT
- An interest in Financial Services
Location: Alton, Hampshire
Salary: £11,000.00 – £13,000.00 per year
If you feel that you’re the ideal candidate, then send in your CV at email@example.com or call in at 01772 886 799
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org