Post Title: Activity Support Assistant
Our client is a community based centre that provides a variety of activities for people to come and enjoy. The society has a modern well equipped Centre, its own transport plus a long tradition of effective intervention to improve the quality of people’s lives.
Due to continued success, our client is looking to appoint a Support Assistant to join their enthusiastic team to support their service users who have sensory, physical and mental and social wellbeing.
Location: Soothill, Batley.
Days of Work: Tuesday /Wednesday / Thursday (This working week could be extended if the referral rate demands)
Salary: £7.83 per Hour
Purpose of the Post:
- This role is to provide caring support to all clients and work closely alongside the staff team.
- To provide stimulating appropriate activities that the clients can fully participate in.
- To maintain clients privacy and dignity at all times and understand the need for confidentiality
- To meet and greet visitors to the centre in a friendly manner
- To be flexible, adaptable and prepare to undertake such other duties in consultation with the Centre Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To support the users of the Centre and contribute to a provision of a comfortable yet stimulating environment.
- To support the needs of service users and ensure their wellbeing and safety during the day.
- To plan and deliver activities to service users under the guidance of the Centre Manager.
- To acquaint oneself immediately upon coming on duty with the relevant events relating to service users, staff, premises and equipment which have occurred since previously on duty.
- To report to the Manager before leaving the establishment after a period of duty is completed and to brief them on any particular issues concerning the service users and any problems in general.
- To encourage social interactions between service users and enable them to make use of any available recreational facilities.
- To assist with the preparation of simple refreshments, light meals, clearing and washing up of crockery for service users.
- To assist with the laying of tables and the serving of meals to service users and to help the more dependant service users at meal times.
- Act courteously towards residents, respecting their dignity and individuality.
- To treat all information obtained in the strictest of confidence.
If you feel you’re the ideal candidate that our client is looking for, then send in your CV today by clicking the APPLY button below.
Keywords: Activity Support Assistant, Support Assistant, Community Support, Community Support Assistant,
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org