JOB TITLE: ACCOUNTS & ADMIN SUPERVISOR
PURPOSE OF JOB: Carry out bookkeeping and administration functions including HR/Payroll, and oversee the general running of the department.
RESOURCES: Must be experienced in using: Sage Accounts 50 Professional, Sage 50 Payroll, Paxton, SinglePoint and MS Packages
The role involves 3 key areas of responsibility, as outlined below:
- 1. Supervisor – duties include but are not limited to:
- Liaise with the company buyer to ensure purchases meet both cashflow and purchasing requirements.
- Authorising payments to be processed by the Accounts Admin Assistant.
- Ensure all End of Month Reporting is completed in a timely manner, and report back to the Company Accountants and Directors.
- Oversee the reporting of Weekly and Monthly reporting.
- Work in close association with the Company Accountants to ensure accuracy and auditing of accounts. Meticulously check monthly Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet and VAT Report for errors and discrepancies, making corrections where necessary.
- Check and approve corrections on Sage 50 Accounts.
- Oversee and make provisions for all major payments such as VAT, PAYE, Wages, and Rent etc. using the Tax Saver spreadsheet.
- 2. Accounts – duties include but are not limited to:
- Check customer refunds prior to processing.
- Carry out and submit the quarterly VAT Return, and process the payment.
- Reconcile various accounts as part of the month end procedures.
- Ensure all the correct paperwork is received into the Accounts Department for correct bookkeeping.
- Management of Petty Cash, approving payments and arranging withdrawals from the Current account to Petty Cash.
- Creating and maintaining departmental and overhead budgets, liaising with Department Managers and Directors.
- 3. Payroll/HR – duties include but are not limited to:
- Process Weekly and Monthly Payroll and all related submissions in a timely manner.
- Printing of timesheets
- Logging all staff sickness/absence and holiday
- Ensure Managers keep meticulous and up-to-date records of employee overtime and TOIL
- Calculate holiday entitlement
- Administer the automatic enrolment of the Company Pensions Scheme.
- Keeping annual leave records up-to-date on the annual leave spreadsheets and notice boards.
- Assist the Company Accountants with the processing of P11D’s.
- Process the Monthly P32 Report.
- Maintain accurate filing of employee personnel folders, keeping in line with current legislation and GDPR standards.
- Any other functions relating to Human Resources which may vary from time to time.
If you feel that you’re the ideal candidate, then send in your CV and covering letter at firstname.lastname@example.org or call in at 01772 886 799
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com