Salary dependant on experience
Birkett & Co. are recruiting for an accounts assistant to support our accounts and admin departments within our growing business.
Responsibilities will include;
- Preparing accounts to trial balance
- Assisting clients with queries
- Answering the phone
- Assisting with payroll
Applicants should work well in a team, be organised, accurate, able to prioritise work dependant on deadlines and importance. Support and training will be provided and progression is available for the right candidate.
A typical day will include liaising with a portfolio of clients to ensure their records are written up and VAT quarters submitted in a timely fashion if applicable. Answering the phone and assisting with any client queries by corresponding with HMRC, Companies House or internally. Assisting with accounts preparation work by writing up client records to trial balance. Assisting with the running of payrolls. Assisting colleagues to ensure all work is turned around efficiently. Assisting with any admin.
Practical experience of running VAT returns essential. Must be capable of reconciling bank, PAYE and other control accounts. Applicants will ideally be proficient with Sage and Xero. Good Microsoft Word and Excel skills are essential. Experience in a private accountancy practice preferable.
Software we use
- Digital accounts suite including; Practice Manager; Personal Tax; Corporation Tax; Accounts Pro;
- Accounts Pro Advanced; Company Secretarial.
- Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- Sage line 50, Sage One, Xero, Quickbooks etc.
- AAT (or equivalent) qualified or minimum of 2 years study.
- Strong GCSE Maths and English grades.
If you feel that you’re the ideal candidate, then send in your CV and covering letter at email@example.com or call in at 01772 886 799
Keywords: Account Technician, Accounting, Bookkeeping, Payroll, Accountant, P&L, Sage Line 50, VAT
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org