Job title: Accountant
Hours: Full time
To provide accounting, bookkeeping and back office services to a range of clients.
- Preparation of management accounts for a number of local clients including trading companies, property holding groups and fund managers.
- Preparation of financial statements for various companies and groups that conform to appropriate accounting principles and preparation of comprehensive working papers.
- Preparation of Income Tax Computations and dividend certificates for submission to the Comptroller of Taxes.
- Review of management accounts and bookkeeping undertaken by junior members of staff.
- Review of payrolls and all related submissions to authorities prepared by other staff members.
- Processing of and review of electronic payments and arranging authorisation for bank transfers when appropriate.
- Maintain key relationships with individual clients, to involve regular contact by telephone, email and letter and dealing with their requests as they arise;
- Liaising with auditors in respect of any queries raised in respect of year end statutory accounts.
- Overseeing the preparation of meeting packs for regular Committee and Board meetings for client companies in a timely manner, as requested, and attendance at quarterly client board meetings as requested.
- Preparation and review of VAT and GST returns for individual clients for submission to relevant regulatory authorities.
- Preparation of UK Non-Resident Landlord Tax Returns for portfolio of clients for submission to HMRC.
- Preparation of monthly ANLA for certain regulatory clients.
- Preparation of regular cash flow projections and budgets, as client requests.
- Providing support and mentoring junior members of back office team.
- Monthly billing for portfolio of clients.
Technical / Professional / Qualification Requirements:
- ICAEW/ACCA Accountancy Qualification, with a minimum of 2 years PQE.
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
- Strong accounting skills and experience of preparing management and year end
- Statutory accounts.
- Technical knowledge of accounting standards for UK GAAP (FRS 102).
- Knowledge of Jersey income tax, and a working knowledge of UK taxation would be advantageous although not essential.
Person Specification / Competencies:
Strong client focus, driven to deliver a quality service, spots opportunities for development of client delivery and service, sets standards.
Has a commercial outlook, follows procedures, innovative approach to work, spots procedural weaknesses and identifies areas for efficiencies, ability to work within regulatory and risk environment, aptitude for learning, evidence of shared learning.
Collaborative, team player, strong communication skills, shares knowledge and experience. Some management responsibility skill and experience. Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and are seeking a new career, then send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line referring to the position and where you found it. Alternatively, call 01772 886799.
Keywords: Accountant/ Accounting/ Management/ Management Accountant/Client Management
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com