Nursery Room Leader
Our client, Monkey Puzzle is currently looking to recruit a talented Nursery Room Leader. This is a great opportunity to work for a forward thinking and growing company.
Our client is looking for a qualified childcare professional who will be responsible for the day to-day running of the room. The role plays an important role in caring for children, maintaining a high-quality, stimulating learning environment, supervising staff and imparting their knowledge and skills to others.
Looking for creative and reflective leaders who are able to implement new ideas and use a range of strategies to continually improve practice and support the management team.
An enhanced DBS check is required by Monkey Puzzle before any appointment can be confirmed.
- To contribute to the creation of a safe, welcoming and inclusive environment for all children.
- To be aware of Monkey Puzzle’s policies and procedures and ensure these are adhered to.
- To be responsible for the welfare of all children in your designated room, organising systems to ensure consistent, high-quality care.
- To be vigilant and protect children from harm or abuse, reporting any concerns immediately – in accordance with child protection and whistleblowing policies.
- To deploy staff and resources effectively, maintaining ratios in your room whilst supporting other rooms.
- To reflect on practice and routines, tailoring them to meet the individual needs of each child throughout the day.
- To lead planning and the provision of a stimulating range of age-appropriate activities and ensuring your room is well-resourced and creatively set-up.
- To lead observations and the assessment of children’s learning and development ensuring records are kept up-to-date, are of a high standard and are shared effectively – includes Individual Education Plans for children with Special Educational Needs.
- To develop genuine bonds with your key children and support and monitor colleagues to sensitively fulfil their key person responsibilities.
- To work in partnership with all parents/carers, building and maintaining relationships that encourage trust, open communication and involvement in nursery life.
Looking for an all rounded individual with relevant experience in a similar role.
- NNEB/NVQ Level 3 in Children’s Care Learning & Development, or equivalent
- EYPS or Foundation Degree
- Good verbal and written communicator
- Able to plan and provide age-appropriate activities
- Able to observe, assess and track children’s learning & development
- Excellent customer service and conflict resolution skills
- Able to support and develop other team members
- Key operational policies and procedures e.g. health & safety, child protection, behaviour management and administering of medication
SALARY: £17,000 – £21,000 (depending upon experience and qualifications)
Location: Chadwell Heath, Essex RM8 1RY
So if you feel that you’re the one for the job and would like to apply, then simply send in your CV today, by clicking the APPLY button below.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org