Title: 1st/2nd Line Tech Support / Help Desk
Location: Wandsworth, London
Hours: Mon-Fri 09h00-17h30, but there may be requirements for some flexibility.
Salary: £23,000 to £28,000 Neg
The core of this role is to be the first point of contact for clients who are calling in with technical issues related to hardware, software and networking problems. Two key channels that you will be primarily responsible for are incoming phone calls and tickets raised via email.
The right person in this role may not start off with particularly excellent technical skills, but your client services, customer-facing attitude and demeanour will be impressive. Best you do have an interest in technology (computers, servers, telecoms, etc) as all the calls are related to that, but technical details can be learned over time.
A significant part of the role is communication with non-technical end users who are experiencing some tech issue getting in the way of them doing their job. If you are easily annoyed by or have any attitude about people who are frustrated with their IT, then this role is definitely not for you.
At the same time as dealing with some potentially difficult individuals, most people are very happy to be supported by someone with a “can do” attitude and you will be their hero / heroine for the rest of the day or even week! If you’re not comfortable with that either, then still not the job for you.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Customer Service – outstandingly good!
- Excellent English skills – written and verbal.
- IT Support – more than basics is preferred
- Telecomms – awareness of telecoms systems and how they work.
Technical Skills – at the very least comfortable with:
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 desktops / tablets;
- Apple Mac and iOS (smartphones, tablets);
- Office Applications – Outlook, Word and Excel at least;
Would be nice to have:
- Windows Servers (2003, 2007, 2012, 2016);
- Routers, WiFi and Internet connectivity;
- Office 365 and related services (SharePoint in particular);
- Networking principles – especially small networks and basic Internet usage;
Personal Skills – must have:
- Outstanding communication skills – can communicate in “plain English” while working on technical issues;
- Proactive learner – sitting and twiddling your thumbs waiting for a manager to hold your hand will not be acceptable;
- A champion of exceptional customer service – the client is not always right, but they must always “feel the love”.
Would be nice to have:
- Experience on 1st or 2nd Line support;
If you have the relevant skills and experience and are seeking a new career, then send your CV to email@example.com, with the subject line referring to the position and where you found it. Alternatively, call 01772 886799.
Keywords: 1st Line Tech Support, 2nd Line Tech Support, Tech Support, Help Desk, Help Desk Support, IT Support, IT Technician, IT
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org